Time to upgrade??

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I am seeing here everyone is pretty Happy with their new XM's. Maybe time to upgrade the 09 XP. Whats the market like for a "Cough Cough" lightly ridden 09 154? Any real issue with the XM? (Polaris Guys stay outta this) Only looking for advice from guys who actually own an XM

PJ440x

Reaction score
From what I am seeing here everyone is pretty Happy with their new XM's. Maybe time to upgrade the 09 XP. Whats the market like for a "Cough Cough" lightly ridden 09 154? Any real issue with the XM? (Polaris Guys stay outta this) Only looking for advice from guys who actually own an XM

Yes it's time to upgrade! Lol, I'm coming off a lightly used 09' 154" as well but am only picking my 163 XM on Tuesday so never tried it yet..... Going to Revy next weekend with it though!! From what I can gather they are the best thing on the snow lol jk, I have a deal pending on the 09' for 7500.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XM is the bomb. You will not be disappointed. It took me half a day to figure out that you do not have to put as much effort into it to get the sled to go where u want it to. And of course the etec is sweet!
As for selling xp's it might be a little tougher with brp selling the 13 xp's with the ptek for 9800$ with warranty. If priced right it will move tho. Looks like anywhere from 6-7500 for 09s.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be in Revy next weekend as well, Out there for a week 7,8,9 in Revy then off to Sicamous untill the 16th unless conditions suck we will be back at Revy. Taking my Nytro and Pro out but what i'm reading on here Maybe just maybe Santa should put a new XM in my trailer :cool:

$7500 doesn't sound bad for the 09. I better polish her up and check her over, Maybe time for new home for It.

Last edited:

stormcp

Reaction score
Just got back from McBride with my 163 X. I was really impressed and the 163 rode like a 154 yet let me crawl through some tight and deep spots in the trees.

It was my first trip this year so at first I wasn't sure about how much of an upgrade it was until I jumped on my buddies with a S36 kit and immediately wanted mine back!

The ETEC engine is amazing and smooth. It just came out of break in as I was coming down the trail so I didn't get a chance to experience its full potential on the hill but honestly it worked fine before. No sputtering or hesitation at all even on some quick elevation changes.
I don't have scratchers so I kept watching the temp while ripping down the trail and it never got too hot.

She side hills with ease which made me feel a lot more comfortable in steeper terrain. Downhill and uphill turns are no problem. I found that if she didn't want to respond the way I wanted it to that I just had to slow down a bit. I should note that it actually feels quite stable until you counter steer and lean then it will lay over nice and easy.

I took the sway bar link off on the last day and it made it a little better in powder but watch out on the trail! Better slow down on those corners. I recommend a quick disconnect.

Suspension seems decent for stock and she soaked the bumps up just fine doing high speed over some moguls.

The front grille definitely needs a pre filter as she took some snow and froze up in the belly pan.

The clutches ran hot so I will try cleaning them and checking alignment.
I hope this isn't a sign of a belt eater.

All in all shes a powder monster and im pleased. With some weight drops, tweaks, and a belt drive this would be a perfect sled for me.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will not be disappointed

also consider trading in your xp, you will save money on taxes on your new unit with a trade in .. taxes on $7000 is around $840 ! (well, if you live in 12% tax land)

pigfarmer

Reaction score
Picked up a 146" SP XM on Saturday, rode about 45 miles this weekend. Previous sled was a 2008 146" 800 XP. The new XM chassis and ETEC are awesome. Handles great. Very, very playful. More power than the Ptek and smoother. Rode with a fellow who bought a 2013 163" Pro-R and after test riding the Pro-R, I am happy I bought the XM. Pro-R was nice, but the XM rocks.

I was surprised at how much the sled was improved over the 2008 XP. I you like sledding and the money is there, buy the XM. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
8 days of riding and not a problem. It is sweet and very manouverable. The track hooks up incredibly and I honestly don't which is making the improvement; the t-motion or the flex track.

The machine is incredible and those thinking about buying a left over in March, better give your head a shake.

I don't think there will be left overs………...

:danceMsn:

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the most amazing sled I have owns rocks in the trees you can be crawling to full throtle and not digging to deep but also clumbs some of the sweetest lines ever i am just in so much love right now.

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
(Flatland) I put 85 km on my 146 XM SP today, burned 12.2 litres of 91. I was running head to head with an '05 MachZ 1000 all day, I won every time no matter how much of a jump he got, and he burned 20 litres, so I'm pretty happy with the etec efficiency. Power is amazing, very responsive, crisp, amazingly smooth, no issues at all, blew my mind. Way better than my last sled, an 08 Ptek. Leaning while counter steering resulted I in effortless carving, donuts will be no problem once we get a bit more snow...this thing rocks!! I highly recommend one of them to anyone who wants to have an awesome winter. Recommend a prefilter kit to keep snow from turning into heavy ice in the engine bay. This sled is amazing !

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time to upgrade!!Great sled!!Coming off an 07 rev (never really was able to get used to the XP) this new xm is smooth powerful agile and FUN!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would wait until Feb 2013 before you commit to upgrading to a XM. Just saying. :)

Now unless you are happy with the current XM and don't want to be subject to some further changes, then sure, get a current XM.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would wait until Feb 2013 before you commit to upgrading to a XM. Just saying. :)

Now unless you are happy with the current XM and don't want to be subject to some further changes, then sure, get a current XM.
Based on feedback what changes could one anticipate? Other than storage in the seat I can't think of any other complaints from current owners that would warrant changes-unless your thinking the skid isn't going to work out.
Personally, I wouldn't think twice about buying a current XM.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on feedback what changes could one anticipate? Other than storage in the seat I can't think of any other complaints from current owners that would warrant changes-unless your thinking the skid isn't going to work out.
Personally, I wouldn't think twice about buying a current XM.

More displacement.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont see that in the the next couple years at least. brp is pretty content with the hp and efficiency they are getting with the current 800. perhaps a tweaked 800 with 165-170hp.

Hmm...interesting.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont see that in the the next couple years at least. brp is pretty content with the hp and efficiency they are getting with the current 800. perhaps a tweaked 800 with 165-170hp.

Turbo!! :D just kidding, that will never happen unless its a 4 stroke.

Top Bottom