timbersled Snow Bikes review?

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Timbersled snow bike? I am seriously considering getting one. I am curious how they perform in Deep fluffy powder. My only real hesitation is they seem a little pricey for what seems like just a really small sled tunnel and track. If they dropped the price point I think I'd be sold.

reg28

Reaction score
My buddy and I have 2 KTM's 450's that have the Timbersled kits on them. The first ride was last Jan in Revy and like you I was skeptical how well they would work in the DEEP snow. Well after I was riding all day in the trees and alpine I was totally hooked. Lets get one thing straight they hill not climb or totally replace your sled in my opinion. I run a Tnytro too. But they are a riot to ride especially in the trees and in bad weather when you have to stay low on the mountain. You can sidehill them forever and you will look at the mountain and the lines in a whole new way. Another thing is we got the 505 big bore kits and some nitrous for a little extra power as we felt the 450 was just a little underpowered for the track. Make sure you get a bike with a good seat and electric start. Probably the hardest thing to do on the bikes is ride them up and down the groomed trail. They like to dart around a little but once you get the off trail into snow it is awesome. Don't buy any other kit as they can't handle the deep snow and make sure to bring lots of gas! Hope that helps. You can find some used kits around too if you look hard enough and are patient. Good luck

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there were 2 of them on kijiji not too long ago. KTM 450s if I remember right

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to follow tracks left by a couple of them last weekend. Gave up on that right away! Holy crap, those things go anywhere! You'll never follow them in the trees with a sled! Sure looks like they were having fun.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the replies!
The ktm 450 was exactly what i was thinking of. Were you on a long or short track? I've been told by one of the guys selling them in my area that a ST would be fine for my weight...180lbs

...Reigan S was one of the guys i was chatting with ...i believe he sells them.

Last edited:

SledHead JF

Reaction score
I'm selling my 2007 CRF 450X if antone is interested?
I just picked up a 2013 KTM 500 XC-W and what I was told was the last Timbersled long track in western canada?
I'm putting it together now, I hope everything works good, Did lots of reading up on them but what sold me was watching Reagan Seig and his buddies in Sicamous a couple weeks ago, they went everywhere especially through the trees, it was awsome.
Cant wait to try it out.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we had the opportunity to ride with a fellow on a Husaberg with the Timbersled kit, He stopped where we were unloading and asked if he could tag along. He went everywhere we did and even made some places look easier, sidehills like crazy. The only drawback as mentioned earlier is the darting on the packed trail.
Talking at the truck at the end of the day we found out he is 72 years old, sure hope I can still ride like that when and if I get that old.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we had the opportunity to ride with a fellow on a Husaberg with the Timbersled kit, He stopped where we were unloading and asked if he could tag along. He went everywhere we did and even made some places look easier, sidehills like crazy. The only drawback as mentioned earlier is the darting on the packed trail.
Talking at the truck at the end of the day we found out he is 72 years old, sure hope I can still ride like that when and if I get that old.
That woulda been dusty veedy!! He rides with us on sleds and bikes. Amazing and I hope I can hit the hills in my 70s

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and I have 2 KTM's 450's that have the Timbersled kits on them. The first ride was last Jan in Revy and like you I was skeptical how well they would work in the DEEP snow. Well after I was riding all day in the trees and alpine I was totally hooked. Lets get one thing straight they hill not climb or totally replace your sled in my opinion. I run a Tnytro too. But they are a riot to ride especially in the trees and in bad weather when you have to stay low on the mountain. You can sidehill them forever and you will look at the mountain and the lines in a whole new way. Another thing is we got the 505 big bore kits and some nitrous for a little extra power as we felt the 450 was just a little underpowered for the track. Make sure you get a bike with a good seat and electric start. Probably the hardest thing to do on the bikes is ride them up and down the groomed trail. They like to dart around a little but once you get the off trail into snow it is awesome. Don't buy any other kit as they can't handle the deep snow and make sure to bring lots of gas! Hope that helps. You can find some used kits around too if you look hard enough and are patient. Good luck

When riding are you WOT most of the time? I'm wondering if that is the case wouldn't it be hard on the bikes?
Do you spend a great amount of time adjusting valves etc?

evan3000

Reaction score
When riding are you WOT most of the time? I'm wondering if that is the case wouldn't it be hard on the bikes?
Do you spend a great amount of time adjusting valves etc?

Most engine failures are due to dust/dirt infiltration and overheating. neither of what you see in snow bike conditions.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never mind, all it took was actually reading the ad to find my answer.

reg28

Reaction score
Boobage, when straight climbing you are WOT but in the trees your are on and off just like a sled. The only trick is picking the right gear or right time to up or down shift if needed. Usually in deep snow and tight trees I stay in 2nd or 3rd gear and sidehill my way out of any trouble if I'm losing track speed. I have 2 seasons on our bikes and no engine issues.

Top Bottom