Timber Block Log Homes

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i looked at the whiser creek ones too. They are nice but there is alot of hidden costs with them. I think its cheaper to buy a RTM and put log siding on it. Cause for the whisper creek home we were looking at was only 1200 sqft and end cost was gonna be around the 250-300K mark.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah that is cheaper....

but whisper creek homes consist of real log beams constructing the inside. that comes with a cost.

all depends if you want the log on just the outside or want to bring a bit of log home feel into the house.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah that is cheaper....

but whisper creek homes consist of real log beams constructing the inside. that comes with a cost.

all depends if you want the log on just the outside or want to bring a bit of log home feel into the house.

Ya thats the kicker. If u wwant the log look, it aint cheap but sure looks nice thats for sure. Maybe one day.

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Yah, we've looked at them $$$. But all the insulation and wiring is done. Looking at some more local options so far about 3/4 the price but not everything is the same so hard to compare apples to oranges. Meh? Going to do the RV for a while yet.:confused:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, we've looked at them $$$. But all the insulation and wiring is done. Looking at some more local options so far about 3/4 the price but not everything is the same so hard to compare apples to oranges. Meh? Going to do the RV for a while yet.:confused:

looked at which ones? i cant see the wiring being done on a stand up.

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
They prefab the walls w/foam insulation and insert the wiring channels or something from what I understand. Hubby went to look in Edm. 100,000 for the 850 fl pln we looked at. That was this past spring

Have a few others we are looking at, Truenorth is one, local rep in Spruce and I'll post the other names once I find them. :)

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no experience with them. ill talk with my dad but he just built a Whisper Creek Log Homes - Welcome! and he did all the research and pricing and came up with a better solution. so i will see what he didnt like about them.

Maxwell, just wondering if you got a chance to talk to your dad about the log homes, and why he went with Whisper Creek and not Timberblock :beer:

Log Gnarly

Reaction score
Was looking at log homes on line and came across this cool web site Timber Block ? Maison en bois rond / Log home, Log cabin Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them , if they are a good idea or not. Might have to go check them out in Edmonton one day.

In my opinion, you wouldn't be buying a log home when dealing with Timber block Log Homes. Once a log has been shaped by a machining process to look the same as the next log it would be the same as building a framed house with log siding except a lot more expensive. If you are interested in a log home look for someone advertising handpeeled logs with saddle notches or dovetail corners. Hand crafted over machined.:nono:

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We call him Bob the Builder out in Jaffray B.C. “Damstrom Log and Timber Homes” Bob builds beautiful homes using the traditional dovetail notch and old school technology.
web at: Damstrom - Log & Timber Homes
Been looking for something to place on the land out in the Kootenays myself I looked at Whisper Creek however I do like the traditional look inside. lot’s out there to choose from.

Top Bottom