Tilting trailer

polarischik

Reaction score
Just bought a tilting 2 place trailer. But how the hell do I load it??? Tips very welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to princess auto,they have a tri-fold aluminum ramp on sale.I've owned tilt decks they suck on uneven ground,buy the ramp and don't look back!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Just bought a tilting 2 place trailer. But how the hell do I load it??? Tips very welcome!

If it's well balanced it should tilt and stay. Once the sled is on should be a 1 hand lower back to level. My triton was fantastic. Also if it stays tiled in loaded you can drive up until it comes down level. Then pull the pin and back up until it tilts to unload

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
OR GET THE SUPPORT SHOCK KIT AND IT EASILY HOLDS IT IN THE TILT POSITION FOR LOADING SLEDS.... DRIVE THE SLED UP AND LOCK ON THE BRAKE...... HOPEFULLY YOUR TRAILER HAS SKI GUIDES AND TRACTION MATS OF SOME SORT?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

polarischik

Reaction score
I just sold my ramp and don't want to haul one around. It wasn't an expensive trailer and we are relative newbies. It is a 2 sled trailer and I am wondering more the process to get 2 sleds on it. It stays tilted down but once I load the first sled it come down so how do I do the second?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Used mine for 2 seasons.... Worked great. I needed one because of the heavy snow deflector that was on the front of the trailer. It wouldn't stay up at all, so was almost impossible to load a trailer without someone standing on the end, while the sled was loaded....

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
If it's well balanced it should tilt and stay. Once the sled is on should be a 1 hand lower back to level. My triton was fantastic. Also if it stays tiled in loaded you can drive up until it comes down level. Then pull the pin and back up until it tilts to unload

My Triton stays tilted until both sleds are loaded as well, it's easy to load. I think that maybe Triton has a better angle on the pivot point.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first had a tilt trailer I enjoyed the challenge,me and my buddy after a day of riding would ride side by side up and on to the trailer and it would tilt down pin it and we would be done.loading by ones self was tricky you had to ride one up till it almost tilted then ride the other one up and if you got it just right it tilted down.that is the only reason I suggested the ramp.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use your super clamp to prop it open or a chunk of 2x4. Make sure you have a old track or something similar bolted on so you don't slide back while it is still on an angle.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Use your super clamp to prop it open or a chunk of 2x4. Make sure you have a old track or something similar bolted on so you don't slide back while it is still on an angle.

In my previous tilt trailer I used my snow scraper to hold it up, my Triton stays up on its own....EasyPeasy

Sledding Season Can't Come Soon Enough....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The triton's are very well balanced, I now own Plio's old one.

In your case if one on is causing it to drop you can always drive sled #1 up 3/4 but not enough to tilt it. Then run the other one up all the way and you should be able to drop it by hand, lock it down then drive sled #1 the rest of the way forward.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's what I do. I have a couple of the older steel Super Clamps that work great for this when required. As soon as I add a salt shield the balance will be all messed up so I'll be forced to this method more often than not.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a good welder and add some weight to the back end under the deck.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

polarischik

Reaction score
How and where do you put the super clamp it in my case 2x4? From the ground to trailer deck or just between the trailer and deck?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
TRITON OFFERS ALL KINDS OF SPRING AND SHOCK ASSISTS KITS, AND IF YOU ADD DEFLECTORS TO THE FRONT OF THEIR TRAILERS, YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED ONE, OR USE SOME KIND OF PROP(JUST NOT AS SAFE AS THE KITS OFFERED BY TRITON....
[h=5]Spring Lift Kit 03173[/h]The spring lift kit is great for those who need extra help tilting the trailer due to added weight from front heavy accessories. It mounts underneath the trailer and works great in extreme cold. This part is made for straight pole tongue trailers.
Models Available:
XT4.5, Elite5, Elite11-101, Elite12-101, Elite12R-101
UT8, UT10
Contact dealer for pricing
SpringLiftKit.jpg

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
[h=5]Spring Lift Kit Wishbone 07984[/h]The spring lift kit is great for those who need extra help tilting the trailer due to added weight from a salt shield or cover. It mounts underneath the trailer and is great in extreme cold. This part is made for wishbone tongue trailers.
Models Available:
XT10-101, XT10VR-101, XT11-101, XT12-101, XT10-101 SQ, XT11-101 SQ, XT12-101 SQ, XT10-101 QP, XT11-101 QP, XT12-101 QP, Elite11-101WB, Elite12-101WB, XT10-101-F, XT12-101-F

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
[h=5]Gas Shock Lift Kit 06933[/h]The smooth use gas shock lift kit will help you in getting your straight front trailer tilted when loading. It is a great aid when you have front heavy accessories working against you.
Available for Models:
XT10-101, XT10VR-101, XT11-101, XT12-101, XT10-101 SQ, XT11-101 SQ, XT12-101 SQ, XT10-101 QP, XT11-101 QP, XT12-101 QP, Elite11-101WB, Elite12-101WB, XT10-101-F, XT12-101-F
UT8, UT10
06933-GAS-SHOCK-LIFT-KIT.jpg

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
[h=5]Gas Shock Lit Kit (D-models) 08267[/h]The smooth use gas shock lift kit will help you in getting your v-front trailer tilted when loading your sleds. It is a great aid when you have a cover or salt shield working against you in front.
Available for Models:
XTD11-101, XTD11-101 QP
08267-GAS-SHOCK-LIFT-KIT.jpg

Reaction score
Mine will stay tilted, so what I do is drive one sled a little ways on, to act as a counter-weight, then I drive the second sled on fully, and then go back to the first sled.

What I did learn after a full season, is there's no reason to disconnect the trailer. We were taking the trailer off the truck every time and driving it off the front fold-down part... then we realized that wasn't needed. Duh@us lol. It's sure a lot easier loading and offloading while hitched.

Top Bottom