Tight tree riding with the TSS turbo xm

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Some helmet cam footage from my tree banging weekend in Castelgar. The TSS turbo is working awesome, and the xm handles so good.

Sorry about the hiss in the first three minutes. I couldn't get rid of it. And if the first 1:10 of tree riding is a too boring for you, just go to 1:10 and watch from there. Pretty intense after that. Turn up your favorite music on your own media player, or just listen to the sweet sound of a boosted etec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npM5Q...ature=youtu.be

GT500john

Reaction score
Good video, that sled rips pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of belt life are you getting? and what type of belt are you using?

My belt life sucks on my Turbo Xm thinking about going to Dayco XTX belts

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nicely done and thx for not adding a bunch of music the video. Nice job as you can hear how the sled is really running.
PS; YOU CAN DANGLE!! lol

Some helmet cam footage from my tree banging weekend in Castelgar. The TSS turbo is working awesome, and the xm handles so good.

Sorry about the hiss in the first three minutes. I couldn't get rid of it. And if the first 1:10 of tree riding is a too boring for you, just go to 1:10 and watch from there. Pretty intense after that. Turn up your favorite music on your own media player, or just listen to the sweet sound of a boosted etec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npM5Q...ature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
500 miles out of a belt. I was geared to high though. Geared down. Seems better.
what kind of belt life are you getting? and what type of belt are you using?

My belt life sucks on my Turbo Xm thinking about going to Dayco XTX belts

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Destroyer are you a fan of the wrong foot forward technique? Mostly I couldn't see in the video, but a few times I definitely saw you doing it. I've been trying to ride my XM with feet in the normal standing position (far forward while pointed downhill, about in the middle everywhere else). Appreciate the advice.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Different maneuvers will require different techniques depending on the terrain and rider (weight, Height, aggressiveness, etc.) I use wrong foot forward, but I also use the correct foot forward but both feet on the same running board alot. More than I should at times. I'm a small guy. You are in much more control on long sidehills with both feet on one running board. Whether it's wrong foot forward or not. Generaly I'll use wrong foot forward to make a tight turn up hill or doing really steep sidehills. BUT On down hill lines I think it's good practice to keep your feet towards the footwells on each side so you can react quickly to turn either way. Sometimes this won't be possible. Sometimes you need to hop over the seat and reef on the bars to get it to turn and slow down. When I do this, sometimes my correct foot is still forward but both feet are on one running board. And sometimes i go right to the wrong foot forward. Kind of hard to explain. Do you understand what I'm saying?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes makes sense. I'll work on jumping around and both feet on one side this weekend. Should be able to do a bunch of riding at Meeting Lake Sat and Sun.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
500 miles out of a belt. I was geared to high though. Geared down. Seems better.
What where you at for gearing? What did you go back to? I was at 21: 51 and got about 600 miles out of my belt. I just changed to 23:51 I just hope I don't end up eating belts now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
23:51 doesn't work for me. To tall of gearing and the belt seems to slip at the beginning. That's what I was at. 21:51 now and it seems better. Tree bashed for 5 days belt is still good. with the 23:51 she would of blew apart for sure

What where you at for gearing? What did you go back to? I was at 21: 51 and got about 600 miles out of my belt. I just changed to 23:51 I just hope I don't end up eating belts now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom