Thunder products abc kit

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed one on my 06 M7 primary. Super easy to install. Works as advertised. Primary clutch to belt side clearance super easy to adjust and clutch engagement is now smooth as butter after banging in previously. Will be installing one on my 08 M1000 asap. Two thumbs up.

oldy800

Reaction score
My 2008 m8 seems really jumpy at engagement or as you say it kinda bangs at engagement with big track spin no matter how much i try to feather the throttle, is this what yours was like? would like try the ABC kit. Where did you get it and what was the cost?

Thanks for any and all help

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that was what both my 06 M7 and 08 M1000 were doing. I ordered the ABC kit for both my sleds from Racinstation on Snowest. I recieved the M7 kit but have been waiting a long time on the kit for my M1000. I don't know why i have not seen my M1000 parts yet but i been waiting (patiently i might add) since i sent my payment on Jan 12/11. :(

oldy800

Reaction score
Got a abc kit the other day from Echo Cycle. They didn,t have it in stock and had never heard of it, but i contacted Sno-West who has them in stock, passed that onto Echo and they ordered it in. With frieght/gst it cost me $150.00. Installs in minutes.I will let you know how it worked after next weeks ride.The belt to sheave distance on mine before the install was 26thousands, seems a lil much. My starting point with kit in is 20 thous.What was your final cost getting it out of the states?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have one on my M1000 and it cost me around $130.00 and it is an easy install but you need to buy a tool to install it cuz it is a huge #60 star tool and I had a hard time finding one. They sent me a nylon shim for mine because it was wearing on the surface that it touched on my clutch and now it is good. It is a nice tool to adjust belt defection but I dont think I would spend the money again, I would rather buy the billet cover for the primary and see what it does.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get yours from Catman? I ordered mine out of the U.S and got tired of waiting for the parts, waiting on a refund now. Let me know. Thanks.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here know where a person can get the Thunder Products ABC kit for an M1000 in Canada? Thanks in advance.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
We ordered ours direct from Thunder Products I think but it was early in the season and it tok a couple of weeks to show up and the plastic washer came later in the mail. I think they are having a hard time getting the bolts made because of the material used in them, just what I have heard, dont know for sure though.

Top Bottom