Threatened area closures are an opportunity for the OHV community

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes a significant event to band a community together. In the case of the castle area issue, I'm impressed that normally apathetic people are getting involved, attending rally's, writing letter and becoming part of the process.

The opportunity for us all, is to remember that if we leave the involvement and decision making to others, they may make decisions we don't like.

So, a tip of my hat and congratulations to our community! Regardless of the outcome, there is much to be proud of!

This should serve as an example to all of the riders in our community. It doesn't take much to have your voice heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes a significant event to band a community together. In the case of the castle area issue, I'm impressed that normally apathetic people are getting involved, attending rally's, writing letter and becoming part of the process.

The opportunity for us all, is to remember that if we leave the involvement and decision making to others, they may make decisions we don't like.

So, a tip of my hat and congratulations to our community! Regardless of the outcome, there is much to be proud of!

This should serve as an example to all of the riders in our community. It doesn't take much to have your voice heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The biggest lesson everyone needs to learn from this is to stay involved and try to stay ahead of the issues instead of hollering and screaming in reaction to proposed closures. It is a lot easier to stall them than it is to reverse them, you notice I said stall not stop because the greenies never give up, they will try again using different tactics.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Something to think about here. I always say "let's not try to invent the wheel again", as there is always someone, somewhere with the same problem and a united force works best. Ed Klim was a great advocate for motorized power sports and his vocal support goes back a long way. Appears that Klim, even though Ed is not at the forefront anymore, is taking a lead in trying to protect our land use. Yes, this is in the States, but we are all in this together. Maybe those deeply involved in the Castle area could take an interest in promoting this type of thing in Canada?

Top Bottom