Thoughts on traveling ??????

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and i have been planning our honeymoon for over a year now. We have 5 weeks planned for Indonesia and Thailand, leaving sept 27. Everything is planned and tentatively booked (no money spent or lost). I was about to pull the trigger on plane tickets last night, just before i confirmed, we decided to look at travel advisories.(may have been a bad idea to look) Well with the world the way it is, the political unrest in some parts of these countries and terrorism activity we are a little concerned. My question to fellow travelers with experience or no experience, what are your thoughts on travelling with these kinds of warnings?

Plan is travel in and around Bali, chiang mai,Phuket, kho phi phi, Bangkok and the home. (Bangkok seems to be the worst right now)

Travel advice and advisories for Thailand

Travel advice and advisories for Indonesia

Edit: this will probably be the last chance we have to do a trip like this as kiddies may be in the near future.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go for it!! I travel a lot for business and no trouble (I was in Israel last week and now Greece). My experience has been that the media tends to blow things out of proportion. Happy trails!!

My wife and i have been planning our honeymoon for over a year now. We have 5 weeks planned for Indonesia and Thailand, leaving sept 27. Everything is planned and tentatively booked (no money spent or lost). I was about to pull the trigger on plane tickets last night, just before i confirmed, we decided to look at travel advisories.(may have been a bad idea to look) Well with the world the way it is, the political unrest in some parts of these countries and terrorism activity we are a little concerned. My question to fellow travelers with experience or no experience, what are your thoughts on travelling with these kinds of warnings?

Plan is travel in and around Bali, chiang mai,Phuket, kho phi phi, Bangkok and the home. (Bangkok seems to be the worst right now)

Travel advice and advisories for Thailand

Travel advice and advisories for Indonesia

Edit: this will probably be the last chance we have to do a trip like this as kiddies may be in the near future.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been to both Thailand and Indonesia.
Never had any problems, great people.
But remember there are always places you shouldn't go....in any country.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive input. we have talked to enough people today and will be going as planned.

Niner, that's a pretty brutal situation, seems like the local framing foreigner job taken to an over the top extreme. Jakarta is a place we will be avoiding also. I think if you end up in any foreign jail you will pretty much be F'ed. Also i agree absolute worst case scenario.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't watch the movie "No Escape" before going or you're gonna freak out the old lady!
The way I look at it is that Tourism is their industry, they don't want to mess that up to much. But I agree don't go places there that you shouldn't be...

Top Bottom