Thoughts on the proclimb??

brad6

Reaction score
I'm looking for input on the proclimb models. I currently ride an 08 m8 and love it so far, had it for about 3yrs now. How does the handling of the proclimb compare to the m? Any major differences i don't know a whole lot about the proclimb yet. I used to hate the look of it, but its starting to grow on me..Just starting to think of upgrading to something newer some day. Let me know the good and the bad of the sled so far.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every machines have their ups and downs... The new chassis is harder for old M chassis guys to get used to, but once they do they laugh at how goofy the old chassis handled...
It really is an update to move to the new chassis. It is capable of holding a side hill just as well as the old chassis but feels much better on the trail and much better for impacts and parts are as cheap as ever! The motor is the same, the clutching is better and the new track is a WORLD better. No more diamond drive issues either! Call me at Mountain Motorsports 250-344-6100 and I'll walk you through the benefits!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from an 09 M8 162 with rkt head, clutching and intake to a 12 PC 800 162 and I had no problem transitioning to the new chassis. The power difference from the 09 to the new one is unreal! I find I can handle this PC wayyyyyy better than the old M series. You will love the new one it does everything the old M does but a lot better.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see this post as I am about to make the jump from my 2010 to a 2014 but my big problem is do I snow check a m9000 or m8000 I like the power of the four stroke but like the weight of the two stroke ... What are the pros n cons between them ?????

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Four stroke turbos are beasts until you're stuck. Especially if the snow is heavy and wet. Better have strong young buddies. My friend is by far the best rider out of 6 of us and he runs 240 hp on his m1100 t, 162... But we still have to pull him out for 20-30 min each time because it just won't budge with snow and fuel.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2010 m8 and now have a '12 m1100t with 38" arms and vertical steering, 2 1/2" turbo outlet and exhaust and a 2.0 boondocker. I don't regret buying it but wish I could ride it more. I find it gets easier to ride the more I take it out. 2.25" track is not near big enough though. I think if you learn to ride it properly the weight is not an issue UNTIL you get stuck. Definitely get venting for the clutches. They tend to get really hot boondocking.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see this post as I am about to make the jump from my 2010 to a 2014 but my big problem is do I snow check a m9000 or m8000 I like the power of the four stroke but like the weight of the two stroke ... What are the pros n cons between them ?????

if you want to himark or chute climb get the 1100T and then up the boost to make real power. If you like to dangle in the trees i highly recommend the 2 stoke. Mine is totally stock except for a cutler can and it goes into some nasty places. I does everything better than the old M series.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the guys I ride with in the Fernie area that own the 1100 say its a awesome sled but not well suited to all the tree riding we do. I find they go most places with a few upgrades (there is a few box upgrades to choose from, and they need bigger skis), but I still have more fun on a stock 800. For me I would only buy one of the 1100s if #! I live in a place that had a tone of big climbs, #2 if I all I did was point and shoot.

As for the upgrade from the old m8 I didnt like the 2012 so I held off. I needed a new sleds for 2013 and only bought the both all black le proclimbs because of dealer support and 2000km on one, 1000km on the other, all I can say is that they are awesome. makes my 2010 feel like a bath tub.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
basically what everyone else said, the PC is a much nicer chassis to ride, i struggled with the old M some days and now the PC has given a lot more confidence in what i can do and where i can go and it takes less effort.
love mine

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride 12 proclimb and have 2800 ish km. thing is awesome. Super nice ride on bumpy trails. Amazing in trees. Climbs as well as any other sled. Super reliable. 2014 on way!!!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 12 ProClimb. Have 1700 trouble free miles....mostly stock except MBRP can, full venting kit, 2.5 Camoplast Extreme, dropped skid to 13 specs, and anti-stab kit. I can't say enough good things about this sled. I'm still on the original 084 belt changed over at 700 miles when AC sent everyone the free belts. My former sled was an 08 M8, and wow....what a major upgrade in handling, and comfort. I tried to ride my old M (my son's sled now) and it was truly felt like getting on a sheet of plywood. hahahaha. It didn't take me long to learn this new chassis, probably one good trip, and there is no way I would want to ride an M chassis again. My hubby has the 13, and major changes again over the 12....LOVE the handling of his sled, especially when carving. Much easier to lay on it's side due to the narrower front end. The 2.6 track really hooks up, and the removal of the heat exchangers equates into HUGE weight savings and ice-free build up on the running boards and tunnel. OMG....I want a 14 black and white Limited sooooo bad!

Toppack

Reaction score
Can anyone comment if the 13 gets on top of the snow better than the 12? Maybe it is my setup(still stock) but it seems the 12 has a tendency to trench when the pow gets deep.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment if the 13 gets on top of the snow better than the 12? Maybe it is my setup(still stock) but it seems the 12 has a tendency to trench when the pow gets deep.

i think they dropped the front of the rear skid a bit and that is supposed to help. I loosened of the front shock and I'm running about 130-135lbs in the rear float. That seemed to help but the snow was really heavy so I'm not sure how it would be in fluffy powder. The first time I had my 2012 in the mountains was in December in blue river and the snownwas super deep and real fluffy. I didn't think that it trenched as much as others have said. I thought it went awesome but then again it was the first time really riding it.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try switching spring in clutch to green one. And also set rear shock at 115-120. Almost completely eliminates trenching.

twostrokesrule

Reaction score
I have a 2010 with a ton of mods to get it to work decently, namely burandt revalve on the skid and float evols in the front. Then y pipe, can, rage cage, boondocker box etc. etc. I used to love it.
But then i got on the bandwagon of getting a new sled because 6 of my riding partners all bought the 2013xm and one bought a prormk. So i went through the process of trying them all out to see what i liked and what i would settle with. Well i didn't really like the xm - well i should say it was decent but it was such a departure from the handling of a cat that i ruled that one out. I also thought the pro was light and flickable, but the engine in poo's is crap, so i ruled that one out.

I actually bought the cat without even getting the chance to ride it because of all the positive comments from the guys that ride them. So i went out on a limb and bought a 2013 Limited in white. I LOVE THIS SLED!!!!!! It gets on the snow 100% better than my 2010. And better then either the xm or the Pro. In fact, i've done so much riding on the new one in areas that i would likely never have had the confidence to go into on my 2010. It hauls ass, and handles amazingly! It turns on a dime and gives back 9 cents change. My buddies are jealous at how good the sled works and one guy (helicopter pilot) is trading his new xm in on one. I never used to be able to climb in the same places he went into on my 2010 since i'm about 60 pounds heavier than he is, now it's no issues whatesoever! I outclimb and out handle every one of my n/a buddies! And i hardly ever get stuck. Last ride was a SUPER deep day in the sea-to-sky and early in the mornign there were 3xm's and 2 xp's all stuck on one hillside. I didn't have a single problem and i'm by far the biggest and heaviest guy in my group of 7. The only other guy that didn't have issues was the Pro rmk, but he's running a turbo. I almost feel like i'm cheating sometimes!

So i'd say anyone who's on the fence about what sled to buy, go ride a 2013 proclimb and then make your decision.

Cheers

redivivus

Reaction score
i'll be making quite the update from an 04 f7 to a 14 pc 800 and im stoked as hell, im just tossed on what turbo to put in it. so many options so many feed backs, but so far its between cpc and push turbos!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll be making quite the update from an 04 f7 to a 14 pc 800 and im stoked as hell, im just tossed on what turbo to put in it. so many options so many feed backs, but so far its between cpc and push turbos!

I have not heard very good reviews from anyone I know who has run A PUSH turbo. In fact, everyone I know who has put one on now runs a stock sled...

Cutler turbos have excellent performance ratings and after sales service in this part of the country and are very popular. Of course a lot of the battle is in doing your homework, understanding the maintenance and tuning etc.!! Even the best turbo kit in the world is a useless turd in the wrong hands!!

Top Bottom