Thought of the Day: Vipex?

TLCC

Reaction score
Just dreaming this morning, and I find myself contemplating the possibility of a Vipex. If the 4 hole Genesis engine will go into a nytro, and 3 hole genesis engine will go in the AC chassis, then shouldn't the 4 hole motor go in the AC chassis? I've heard and read about every Nypex build on this forum, TY, and others so I have an idea of the effort required for one of these rigs (like I said just dreaming) but how sweet would it be to have that 4 banger screaming from inside a proclimb chassis? Gawd I wish I had 40k for a sled.

Additionally, as an aside, I wonder if Yamaha even tried to get their hands on the proclimb chassis, the deal appears to have been 3 hole genesis motor for the procross chassis. How good would it be if they arranged a 4 hole genesis for the proclimb chassis. Maybe the juice wasn't worth the squeeze considering how big the trail market is, and AC couldn't be in a hurry to raise competition with the M1100T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bet some one will build a carbon one eventually. Way out of my budget though.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posed this question to NM a few weeks ago, I hope yamaha puts the apex motor in the cat chassis...then I may have to buy one !!!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posed this question to NM a few weeks ago, I hope yamaha puts the apex motor in the cat chassis...then I may have to buy one !!!

I really don't get it. Why not just buy a cat and put in a apex engine in it if you want one. Would save a bit that way as you wouldn't have to extend/stretch everything to make a mountain sled...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a stocker, 144, for the wife to use....and a spare for me to beat on locally...leave this one stock.

TLCC

Reaction score

I can't understand why that wasn't the push, the apex is what needs replacing. Nytro has been their flagship, now they just have redundancy. Though I can only speculate as it's not my livelihood on the line.

TLCC

Reaction score
I really don't get it. Why not just buy a cat and put in a apex engine in it if you want one. Would save a bit that way as you wouldn't have to extend/stretch everything to make a mountain sled...

Agreed, if you were to tackle it, a blown up '12 PC, and a high mile virgin apex trail sled would be the kick off point.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Needs to be a 174, 162 isn't long enough for a turbo mtn 4 stroke

Sent from my iPad using

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Apex motor won't fit in the Cat chassis. Tried it.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to disagree. Depends on what your doing with it. Have a 162 on my turbo Nytro and I don't climb much anymore. Love deep snow boondocking and I tried a 174 set up the same as mine and its just not as fun. So each to there own as you couldn't give me a 174.
Needs to be a 174, 162 isn't long enough for a turbo mtn 4 stroke

Sent from my iPad using

Top Bottom