This just Pi**es me off...

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good post mamma, he will be missed. i knew him and his brother. i believe they found him this morning as well.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have asked them before-- as you predicted, they are not interested. It would hurt their "WOW" factor to film and interview a normal 30-something mom who is well educated, gainfully employed, of well-spoken English dialect, has a full mouth of teeth, giving back to her community, and passionate about the back-country and sledding! That image just wouldn't sell...

In my opinion/experience you would be wasting your breath talking with the media as they have their own agenda and know matter what you say, it goes in one ear and out the other.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As one who has lost a good friend to an avalanche, I take offence to the callous comments you refer to, Richelle.

Lots of non-sledding people make choices of their own free will, that lead to their premature demise, or worse yet, the death of another person.

I've never said "Serves him right, he was on a cell phone." Nor "What did he think would happen after all those years of smoking, shouldn't that be illegal? Our health care system shouldn't have to pay for that." Nor "They should have to PAY the cost of recovering their body, society shouldn't have to pay for their foolish risk taking. They should have known better and stayed home when the roads were so bad," when a car crash happens on an icy highway on the way to a kid's hockey game. No, nobody would dare say such a thing. It would be callous disregard for the loved ones and the memory of the deceased. Why is it okay for people to say this on-line or out loud in casual conversation about an avalanche victim?

I was having coffee in the Westlock McDonalds Monday, when a coffee klatche gathered and one man said he heard there was an avalanche in BC already. I decided to hear what they had to say then casually walk by and nicely tell them how the sledding community feels. Surprisingly, nobody said another word and the subject changed. I saved my polite reply for another day. If we don't speak up for ourselves like you say, Richelle, nobody else will. Least of all the media.

Top Bottom