This is just plain bad advise period.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, Just buy an ivy bag and watch for snow cracks.... you'll be fine.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they could have made 3 seconds to say get some training....But its a 45 sec clip. 100,000's of people play in the back country and a very small percentage have training and i'm pretty confident saying you didn't get training before your 1st trip out there. If nothing else it does say there are hazards and everyone should have some equipment and knowledge before going into the back country. Many people for that matter have never heard of a beacon and sled/ski/snowboard. A little info, as in this case, can atleast be an eye opener.

Now wheres the popcorn!!

:smiliestirthepot:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.elkvalleysnowshepherds.com
Stunned that with all the great/easily accessible reference material out there that there was no mention of 'get the training' or of the other mandatory three core self rescue items - transceiver, probe, and shovel. Keep spreading the word to your riding buddies...hopefully word of mouth from peers can over shadow ill-informed media statements like this. It's up to all of us to keep each other safe out there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They could have mentioned training, but other than that, I don't really see a problem with the video.

Was just a brief warning about Avy danger really.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you would agree then that this is the way to stay safe in an avalanche? Like the title says?

This video was probably made by someone who has never even seen snow.

Yah, none of it was really Bad advice per say!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you would agree then that this is the way to stay safe in an avalanche? Like the title says?

This video was probably made by someone who has never even seen snow.[/QUOTE

Of course I wouldn't agree it's educational in any way, were you expecting something substantial out of a one minute video bit??
all I said was that none of it was particularly "bad" advice!!

Last edited:

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This TV station report is not intended for anyone that goes into the backcountry. It for the masses that sit at home on their couch.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK Ok so I could have worded the title better... What do you think this video was intended to do? And YES I think one could get more substancial info out of a one minute clip. At least have someone who has some knowledge write something up.
That's all..

:rolleyes:

This video was probably made by someone who has never even seen snow.[/QUOTE

Of course I wouldn't agree it's educational in any way, were you expecting something substantial out of a one minute video bit??
all I said was that none of it was particularly "bad" advice!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a news blurp that is a minute long. People need to use their head and get the gear, which includes training.

Top Bottom