This is how messed the system is getting

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a letter that I wrote to the Edmonton Journal, Global, City of Edmonton, Mla, Police dept.. Its is short because apparently you have to be breif when complaining and 2000 carachaters or less message. WTF... but anyways...

On the corner of 118 ave and 91 st, there is this skate park building where there is concerts etc... for teenagers. My concern is all the drug use and alchol that is taking part outside of this building. Yesterday there was at least 50 or more kids on the street with beer in their hands and the same brown truck parked there selling drugs or what not to these kids. I phoned the police again to tell them there is a problem here and that the frikkin kids have open alchole on the streets. to only have a rude lady on the other end of the phone saying for me to stop swearing. I told her I was not and that I said frikkin, but she rather argue with me than to hear the problem. She then put me throught to another officer who listened to the story and took my name and number and said they were going to send someone over to see. I then drove to the other side of 118 and sat there and watched for 40 mins. still no cops, So then I decided to drive home to find my street blocked by two fire trucks trying to get a cat out of a tree.
I thought the city is trying to clean up the ave, I have yet seen a cop or security guards or guardian angels on this ave passed 4pm. when needed. Whyte ave has cops on it and they are there all the time, this ave 118 will not ever be cleanned up unless there is some changes. and this skateboard park, needs some changing, there is kids smoking drugs out of pop cans, drinking on the streets, and its ok for some reason. I feel this business is making money on drug selling and thats why its ok for them to let this happen outside of their business.I have tried calling them to only get the answering machine.I have written a letter to the Edmonton journal, global, Edmonton poloce and as well as to you guys.There must be something that can be done here, this behavior does not happen outside of bars and it should not happen here also. I will not rest on this matter and will complain every time they have a event until this is delt with. Thank you.

So we will see......................

Like my daughter says the next day its bum heven picking bottles, the ones that are not smashed on the road.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You go Girl. Dragonlady on a mission. I agree when you need a cop they are seldom around. You would think with common sense that the cops would target this area and TRY to clean it up. DL go park a quad there and I know that the County of Stratchona Cops will be there NOW. Ticket the quadder and leave the rest alone.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
...Did they get the Cat out of the tree & how is it doing.... Wondering ! :d:beer::)

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, how is he; that's the real story they will be featuring on Global.

:cool:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not defending any ones actions so dont dont SHOOT. Cops must be getting a little frustrated with the whole system too. They arrest and arrest only to find the court system has released them. Look at the news most of the crimes are committed by a person who was just released. I'am not defending anyone here but I understand how bailing a leaky ship with a shot glass could be frustrating. Where are the parents of these kids is what I would like to know. Society should not have to babysit the problem citizens. Society has created a life of rehabilitation and fore giveness, when really this lifestyle only is a burden to the good and innocent citizens. Respect is taught with a combination of FEAR and Sensibility and in the end if the lesson cannot be taught.......the ultimate punishment should be applied.
Even a good old chit kicking worked when I was a kid, but you cant do that now a days. The jail I spent a few nights in was right fuggin scary, hole in floor, blood on walls, chit on ceiling and smelled like pizz. The cops gave you a few extra bonus thumps to remind you of your visit. If you had any common sense you didn't return to this place. In todays society that place and treatment would be deemed cruel and un fair. Have you seen jails today? Club med comes to mind.:eek:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I agree with snotrocket in that it all starts at home. There is nothing wrong with the odd swift kick in the arze to keep the little bastages in line. And have you watched the show serve and protect latley? "Excuse me, excuse me sir can you please put down the crack pipe so I can talk to you about the car thats illegally parked?" What a joke. The cops need to be a little more intimidating to these punks and so do we as citizens. As long as their isn't more than 3 in a group I get right in their faces. I like that chit. Don't let me catch ya smoking crack outside of my local elementary school at 1:00 am or your gonna have your hands full. Its BS too when people say " you can't even do anything about it or they'll have you arrested for battery" I haven't yet had the phone call from the poelease saying Joe crack head wants to press charges for smashing his beer and breaking his crack pipe. MY rants over. Thankyou

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You ever been to Young street in Toronto or China Town in Vancouver at night.Your complaints are valid but it seems to be the same in all cities.They let them have there areas with the feeling that this keeps them contained.Get outside these areas and the laws seem to be stricter.They really should nip it in the butt now cause the way this city is growing it is only going to end up getting worse!
My Two Cents
Good Luck With Your Battle!
catmando!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any study on socioeconomics will tell you that more police means less crime. So why can't a rich province like this one put more police on the street!? Oh yeah, the cops that are out there don't care. They would rather have 10 cop cars on a high speed chase call, or unload there weapons on a guy with a butter knife in hand.

I live in a good neighborhood and am shocked at the dial a doper calls that have increased in numbers over the last couple years. They pull up, lights out and wait for the drop. Only takes a few moments. Would never get the cops here in time. Don't get me wrong, I did the herb in high school too, but we made deals at our own homes, or a friends house. Never this sneaky, wanna be pimp chit.

I was recently witness to a very nicely pimped out Lexus pull up to a chitty little Neon and watched them transfer duffle bags full of the stuff. Right on a slightly hidden parking lot at a high end building down town. Called the cops and asked if the license plate meant anything to them. Yes indeed it did. I proceeded to tell them about the large quantity of dope that was being transfered and if they had a car in the neighborhood it would be a big score. Guy on the phone was more interested in who I was, where I lived, what "I" was doing there. Told him I was trying to be a good citizen like our Police Chief has asked us to do. I was then asked..."what would you like us to do about it?" My jaw dropped...I was shocked, my wife was shocked.

Pathetic!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nbody see the artcile about the coach of his 15yr old sons soccer team and the beating he took from a team in millwoods????:mad:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YEah....how messed up is that!!! Tea got suspended...big deal. Can't wait to see if criminal charges are laid. In my opinion every parent of a kid on that team who was involved should be charged. How about no organized soccer for the rest of those kids lives, or community service till there 50. Disgusting.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
send the kids to jail for a bit. most are probably realtively affluent and would get the shock of thier lives when the kid in the same cell likes thier A&F sweater.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with a stint in the Armed Forces???:eek: About six months of boot camp would staighten some of therse reprebates out. Heck the Canadian Forces are looking for more troops!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the same boot camp the Journal, city and police should go to. since they have not replied back to my letters. So I sent them all another one today,, and commented on that as well.
So this is what Im saying, EVERYBODY THERE IS OPEN BOOZE PARTY IN THE STREETS ON 118 AVE. NO COPS TO BUG YOU. JUST STRAIGHT PARTYING FUN....... HELD NIGHTLY. GIDDY UP!!!!!! take that fawkers. Lets see if they like that part of the letter that was sent out today. LOL

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DL did not find the funny in this, I'am quessing.
So this is my formal apology.........SORRY

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya I did I was thanking the funnies I guess while you were posting, cause now I see your post. I think that was FRIKKIN FUNNY. Right on boys,

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And today still no one has contacted me from anywhere so will be sending the third letter out to them.. ALL OF THEM again.. BULL$HIT I SAY .. and they wonder why everybody is a criminal. Think of converting to one, .LOL [ya right]. But sounded good, Maybe I should say there is a mad gunman on the ave next time there is a venue. LOL , and sit across the street and watch. Maybe shoot my potato gun in the background, while Im making the call. LOLOL now thats funny. Bet they will do something them.!!..........................maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom