This is a must for pulling trailer with a short box

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 16K SuperGlide offers all the performance of the proven SuperGlide hitch line, but at a new lower price, and a weight rating designed specifically for those towing lighter weight trailers.

The 16K SuperGlide moves up to 14" while making a turn - 50% farther than manually adjusted "slider" designs - and works AUTOMATICALLY, while you drive and make short turns.
Available with a choice of mounting styles - fixed base rails with universal mounting brackets for lower cost, or totally removable SuperRails with custom mounting brackets for specific vehicles

I am picking one up next week its on order it automatically slides back when u turn a corner a MUST for a short box truck cant wait to try it out :):)

Attachments

• SG_2700.jpg
    SG_2700.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 772

mikewayne

Reaction score
Website
www.usasuperbikes.com
Thanx for this post looks really nice depending on specification mentioned above, as mentioned above this stuff it really seems helpful and surely will consider about buying something like this during the next big trip of mine.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please let us know how it works, I am torn between this or a b@w companion hitch as I have the gooseneck ball already.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please let us know how it works, I am torn between this or a b@w companion hitch as I have the gooseneck ball already.

i almost went with a ball with an offset but hooking up to a ball is bullchit so i went this way tell u in a couple days how good it is

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
16000 isn't much for a gooseneck. the b&w is rated for 25000 or 26000. and i have hauled way more than that on mine.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JUST seen an old fella with this hitch....came into the shop I worked at before I left RD, he said it was "slick as a whistle". Said at a lake lot he and his wife frequent 2X a month it has proven itself. Apparently hair-pin corner on a short cut to said lake lot, or an additional 30 minute drive around the long way. His story was that he hit the corner before, and $4000 damage to truck and trailer with manual slider, and backed up 4X or so. (hitch didn't go back far enough, jack-knive too much!?!? I dunno...) Got new 5th and this new hitch, and apparently makes it around only backing up once. LOL, it was quite funny talking with him as his repeated comment about the hitch was...."it's the cats azz."

So going by his experience, should be a gooder...:cool:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got home today with my 44 foot enclosed trailer today and WOW what a hitch i can jacknife my trailer over 90 degree and no smashed cab corners on my superduty If u have a shortbox and u pull a gooseneck trailer this is the hitch u want PERIOD :cool:

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with having the ability to turn this short is that sooner or later you"re going to either pop a tire off the rim or bend an axle. I try to never turn that short.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friend has one it's amazing how sharp he can turn first time he jack knifed it i was sure he was going to take out his rear window

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of my truck and trailer 90 degrees still lots of room to cab corner :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• yupp.jpg
    yupp.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 277
  • yup.jpg
    yup.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 271

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I have been running the Super Glide for 5 years now... and luv it. Never an issue with turning, popping tire off bead, or bent axle... it's in all how you treat your iron.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I have been running the Super Glide for 5 years now... and luv it. Never an issue with turning, popping tire off bead, or bent axle... it's in all how you treat your iron.

ive never seen anyone pop a bead or bent an axle, agreed just take the sharp corners and u-turns easy. i thought thats the point of a 5th wheel/gooseneck trailers... how else would semis back into some tight spots?

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This a great idea but make sure your trailer hitch doesn't take out the box as my 45' toyhauler will destroy the box if i slide it back. I spent the extra coin only to find that it didn't work for me!!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 06 mega cab and have a toyhauler.
One of the hitch places said the b and w patriot can move back 4 inches from normal.
Wonder if it would be enough ??

sent from my htc

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 06 mega cab and have a toyhauler.
One of the hitch places said the b and w patriot can move back 4 inches from normal.
Wonder if it would be enough ??

sent from my htc

Just buy my Freightliner....problem solved, probably be cheaper than the Mega-Cab too.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive never seen anyone pop a bead or bent an axle, agreed just take the sharp corners and u-turns easy. i thought thats the point of a 5th wheel/gooseneck trailers... how else would semis back into some tight spots?
I Your comparing apples to oranges. When comparing to semis, some trailers have the ability to dump the air out of a axle to take advantage of a improved pivot point, some trailers don't, but have the ability to slide the axle assembly to get a better pivot point, smaller trailers do not have the advantage. Its still hard on a set of axles, tires and bushings on a trailer doing rookie turns, and sharp turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom