Third Class Steam Time

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone out there may know of a plant that is looking for some extra hands and would provide steam time for the third class exams?

I have a somewhat decent job at a SAGD plant now, but it's just a pilot and isn't quite big enough for a third. I don't want to wait another 1-2 years for it to expand before I get my third, but I'd also like to keep my current job in the meantime. Ideally if I could find something during my days off that would be great! (7/7 schedule). I only need 6 months rather than the usual full year. Location isn't really important, but close to Edmonton would be nice.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure who is hiring, but you can always check out....
RigZone, Indeed.ca, etc Lots of operator positions there

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Cenovus @ Foster Creek. Find the Cenovus website last I looked they had lots of postings for several locations.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Cenovus @ Foster Creek. Find the Cenovus website last I looked they had lots of postings for several locations.

X2 I think Cenovus Christina Lake as well, Nexen Long Lake, etc, etc, just check all the websites

dave948

Reaction score
Hello, I know it is of topic but I'm doing my 4th class online with sait. Des anyone know where I can get my steam time? Preferably somewhere that would pay me even if pay is low.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
DAVE They only places where this might work is if you got a summer student position during the summer. You could try NAIT they do nights and weekends to get steam time. It'll cost you though but can't be that much.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Lacombe, I just went down to the local hospital and introduced myself to the building manager. I told him my situation and that I needed some experience with their boiler. I showed up every evening for a couple of hours and he was happy to vouch for my experience.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
When I lived in Lacombe, I just went down to the local hospital and introduced myself to the building manager. I told him my situation and that I needed some experience with their boiler. I showed up every evening for a couple of hours and he was happy to vouch for my experience.

I heard that they do not take volunteer time into account anymore

crushd

Reaction score
I also heard that the time had to be "consecutive" hours, not a side job. Might want to call ABSA for clarification.

Top Bottom