Thief using picker truck to steal quads

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grande Prairie has a thief stealing quads right out of guys trucks using a picker!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

ronkytonk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucken Fhit I hate scammers man but thats pretty ballzy, I ve been looking to buy a quad the last month or so and more than half the ads out there are scams. Sellers are like "I just have relocated my family to New York bla bla bla Please send me the money and I will ship you this 10,000 dollar quad for 3,000 shipping and insurance included" . Really has anyone ever fallen for these scams??

Here is an example of one, Pleas read my reply...

Don't. <----- scammers response to my reply..lol
--- On Mon, 7/6/09, Ron Taylor <bigairron@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: UsedCalgary.com: Buyers Question - 2006 SUZUKI EIGER 400 4X4*
To: eniakd@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, July 6, 2009, 10:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:12:55 -0700
Subject: Re: UsedCalgary.com: Buyers Question - 2006 SUZUKI EIGER 400 4X4*
To: bigairron@hotmail.com

Hello,
The quad is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage, Always garaged, Always covered, meticulously maintained.
I had to move with my family in the US in New York where I got a job transfer. I brought the quad here with me but I've decided to sell it. The buyer will receive it along with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it in his name.
The transaction will be done through eBay for our protection, no money first to me. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the deal.
Your funds will be 100% insured by eBay until you will receive and inspect the quad, and I will be sure that I will receive the payment.
You will receive the quad in 5 days and you will have 7 days to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you want to buy my quad please e-mail me:
Full name = Go phuk Yourslf
Delivery Address = Get a fuckin job
Phone number= Be a fuckin man

P.S. Your IP is attached to this and I am an IT Tech hope you don't scam from home phuk face

As soon as I have this information I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). I will pay the transport cost, so this will be free of charge for you.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YA, I CHECKED INTO SEVERAL OF THESE ADDS...... ON EVERYTING FROM KIJIJI TO BARGAIN FINDER TO AUTO TRADER AND EVEN E-BAY NOW..... FRIGGIN' SPAMMERS/SCAMMERS!!! I CONTACTED E-BAY AND AUTO-TRADER ON ONE I RAN ACROSS. THE GUY USED A PIC AND INFO ON A QUAD FROM E-BAY AND ADVERTISED ONLINE ON AUTO-TRADER -- IT WAS VERY LOW MILEAGE AND PRICE WAS LOW FOR THE YEAR ETC..... GOT 2 DIFFERENT STORIES, AND ONE WAS SIMILAR TO THE RESPONSE YOU GOT.......:rant:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Obviously people fall for them. They have been around for quite a while especially on Kijiji because it's free. but now it has become much more common in the trader publications where you have to pay for your ad. If people were not falling for it they would not invest the money so obviously it is paying off.....
They are a pain in the azz but don't always think because it seems like a good deal it is a scam patients pays off
I picked up my 1986 yamaha moto-4 225 MINT for $800 with a plow in kijiji.

NEVER SEND MONEY....deal in person.

ronkytonk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the scammer I was dealing with his IP address came From Russia, But somthing I have not seen before he actually had a local Calgary Phone number. I phoned it and it just kept ringing, I did a reverse look up and sure enough it was a Telus Land Line.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grande Prairie has a thief stealing quads right out of guys trucks using a picker!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

Theives are actually getting dumber. The smart ones will just walk up and drive off with the truck and quad. This retard will be caught with his pants down standing there hooking up the rigging.......lol.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a good one found this denali for like 3 grand ...ya right
Hello,

This 2000 GMC Yukon Denali SUV 5.7L V8 FI 4x4 with 82,326 miles, runs and drives excellent. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all. I bought it for my wife, when I was serving in Fort Sam an U.S. Army base in Houston, TX. as a wedding gift, slightly used and in 100% working and looking conditions.

I have dropped my price to $2,950.00 USD (purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it before Jun 28th. when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home. To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by the eBay's Buyer Protection Program. They are acting like a third party in our deal. Which means that you will have a 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
- If you're interested to purchase just email me your; Full Name and Shipping Address, So I can notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Click on the link below for more info & pics about the truck.
http://yukondenali.page.tl/

Please email me soon if you want to move forward and let me know if you need anything else.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Cpt. Timothy Egan

Robins

Reaction score
With the scammer I was dealing with his IP address came From Russia, But somthing I have not seen before he actually had a local Calgary Phone number. I phoned it and it just kept ringing, I did a reverse look up and sure enough it was a Telus Land Line.

Guys are using a program that hides your IP address and shows that you are some where else in the world. I use a similar program to get around web filters at work. Obviously these programs are being used by these scammers!

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He'll meet his match and get what's coming to him!!! He'll get away with it for a while and then get caught by the wrong guy who won't call the cops but will beat him senseless and put him in the hospital for a while. I believe in Karma!!!

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He'll meet his match and get what's coming to him!!! He'll get away with it for a while and then get caught by the wrong guy who won't call the cops but will beat him senseless and put him in the hospital for a while. I believe in Karma!!!

Agreed, Karma is a marvelous thing if you are on the good side of things. As I get older maybe I am getting soft but I absolutely refuse to screw people if I do something questionable the wrath seems to come back ten fold. Try helping people it works to your advantage as well.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little more than a week ago , a red and white 1 ton picker truck was stolen out of CONCORDS yard here in drayton valley . i dont think concord has an office in GP ..so keep your eyes open J M 2Cs

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little more than a week ago , a red and white 1 ton picker truck was stolen out of CONCORDS yard here in drayton valley . i dont think concord has an office in GP ..so keep your eyes open J M 2Cs

yes condord does have an office in gp it is across the road from my shop

Buddman27

Reaction score
There have also been some thefts in Ft Sask. My neighbor had his quad stolen from the back of his pickup last weekend. They tried to take the whole rig but he had a hidden fuel pump shut off on his truck so they just smashed the steering column slit his seats and trashed the inside. Keep your eyes peeled for a brand new blue Kawi 650 with a buggy whip. (easily removed I guess)
He had it registered and insured so hopefully the tards will try to ride it on a busy weekend somewhere.

Top Bottom