The Province............on-line newspaper subscription?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tried to read the news and this what I kept getting......WTF this is the trend??????

Thank you for visiting theprovince.com. We hope you have enjoyed visiting our website. You have now reached your limit of 15 free articles for this 30-day period.
Print subscribers to The Province get FREE unlimited digital access to theprovince.com and The Province apps for smartphones and tablets on an introductory basis. Register now by clicking the "Next" button to receive:

• Real-time updates on sports, news and entertainment
  • Videos, photo galleries and other online features
  • Blogs, live chats and the ability to share and interact with writers and other readers
If you are not a print edition subscriber, subscribe today for only $0.99 for your first 30 days ($7.95 for every 30-days thereafter, plus applicable taxes) to receive unlimited digital access unlimited digital access to theprovince.com and The Province apps for smartphones and tablets - anytime, anywhere and on any device.
If you do not wish to register or subscribe now, come back in 30 days for more free articles.

I used to faithfully read all their articles (news and sports) everyday as I finished with S&M. I guess that will happen no more. Friggin' people who want my money..................

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
um, there is no free lunch?? I get the paper version of the Edmonton Journal and I get the electronic version as well, what is the problem?

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To build up readership, the media outlets have been posting their articles online for free. Since it isn't free to produce, similar to the NY Times and Washington Post, newspapers are starting to limit how much you can consume for free.

If you want to continue to read free news, go to news aggregators like Google News. News.google.com instead of a single local source.

You will likely miss out on feature and special interest stories, but all the major items will be there. Plus, you won't get a single political bias! You can get all the other biases and perhaps get a balanced piece of journalism!! :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
um, there is no free lunch?? I get the paper version of the Edmonton Journal and I get the electronic version as well, what is the problem?

I agree there is no free lunch and there shouldn't be!

When you live in the boonies, the paper version of newspapers is "old habits"! No local delivery, and one has to drive to pick it up.

It is a sign of the times, I know, but I don't have to like and I don't have to pay......just my $0.02.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the same note the other day. Our local rag is pay online now too unreal.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
if people knew how to save money and not borrow then u dont have to work yer whole life for a house :)

Well now isn't that intelligent!

Enlighten us please Willy; how doo you save $300,000 or higher for new house????

And in prime recreational localities in BC is may be well over the $500,000 or $1mil............give your head a shake big guy.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
sorry u have to borrow to live :(

Willy, I could pay rent just fine but that wouldn't be living, IMHO!

Young people are having a hard time getting enough together for a minimal down payment on a house. Open your eyes!

I'm okay Willy! There are lots of the younger generation that will never own a house and you may just be one of them but then again you could be selling the goods and be a very well-to-doo person!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
im ok i built my house :) so dont save and pay interest lol for 40 years longer ? makes sense to me 0.o

cardboard, a few tarps, and a little air tight is all one needs right?? Then you can say, "I built my house!"

You missed the point Willy. I know the problems in the States and that is pretty much the same as in Canada...........I was talking about "your house, BuckO!"

Top Bottom