The new oil pipeline and the protest

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was watching the news today and saw these protesters protesting agaist the new oil pipeline. The thing that made me smile is that there was a lady from canada there protesting and wonderd if she had walked to america. I found it ironic that she probably drove or got a plane that uses fuel made from oil lol. So im thinking in the short of things she is contributing to the the reason she is protesting.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Newspaper is saying HUGE hollywood hitters like Margo Kidder, Danny Glover and the Hulkster are supporting the cause. All has beens. Lmao.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They played a clip of Margot Kidder on the news today at a demonstration in Washington. She said as soon as they start digging the pipeline in Montana she will be there to lay down in front of the excavators. Somebody better tell her that Superman won't be there for her this time. Lol.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil sands oil is controversial and people are going to protest. Just because people use oil in some way doesn't mean they don't have the right to protest against what they see as being a problem.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem I have with the protestors is that they show up at the portest in an SUV get out of said SUV and start parading there holey than thou crap. Wrap them and David Suzuki into the same gunny sac and throught then into the ocean

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was nothing in my post that said they dont have the right to protest good for them for fighting for something they beleive in. But to me it seems abit hypocritical.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was nothing in my post that said they dont have the right to protest good for them for fighting for something they beleive in. But to me it seems abit hypocritical.
Really? Hopping on a plane thats going there anyway? How much fuel do you suppose would have been saved had she stayed home?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 100% in favour of the oil sands and the benefits they bring to this continent. However, I am also glad to see people taking the time to protest and keep big oil companies in line regardless the method of transportation they got to the protest. Can you imagine the chit show that would occur if oil companies were allowed to do business unchecked?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 100% in favour of the oil sands and the benefits they bring to this continent. However, I am also glad to see people taking the time to protest and keep big oil companies in line regardless the method of transportation they got to the protest. Can you imagine the chit show that would occur if oil companies were allowed to do business unchecked?

I work for oil companies, its pays for my house and for my kids education and for my toys. I am also a outdoor guy and would hate to see a disaster happen so it is good to see oil companies be held responsable for their actions. However I do have a problem with the protesters that protest oil and gas drilling but have no problem cranking their natural gas furnace or driving the big SUV's. It is hypocritical to protest oil and gas companies on the basis of production if your driving a car and using patrolium products witch i might add is pretty much everything. Its not hypocritical to protest against saftey and environment though.

Just seems like no one has a problem with drilling and production as long as its in someone elses back yard. It can be done safely with respect to environment in check. But also remember some times you have to crack a few eggs to make a omlett

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot off the press the U.S. State Department's environmental analysis has given the Keystone XL pipeline project the thumbs up!! Now the hairy armpits are going to start whinning like you have never heard whinning before:Cry:

Billy Boy:cool:

Top Bottom