the new 3" camo extremes

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just pulled a new one and an old one out of the box. looks like they moved the paddles in a half inch on either side.....used to be only the 2.86 tracks had this not the 3.00.

not sure what to think other than i dont beleive it will perform as well since the paddles now overlap eachother. so in a sense you have lost a full inch of biting power for the entire ground surface the track is touching.

these tracks have been out for a long time but i never read anywhere else that they were insetting the paddles on the 3" now.

it is however 4lbs lighter. not sure how they did that

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352618462.054283.jpg

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really? guys are still talking about Curtis's excellent cutting skills.

thats for sure about them rubbing though, but im thinking almost all tracks will with the flex of the tunnel

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I put the new 15 wide 3" on my pro 2 weeks ago and noticed that too right away it's pretty much just over a 14 wide. Still will be a big improvement over the stock track though so I guess we will see.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has been running a 2.5" with the paddles inset 1/2" on his Turbo Nytro. He said compared to the previous 2.5" he had which was full width he was quite happy with it and how it performed. As good and maybe even better. Possibly because you don't get the compressor effect by not leaving much room between the tunnel and track. Plus you still get the floatation of a full 16" wide.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With looking at that I am going to keep my new old style track in stead of selling it. Could be there way of compeating with the flex track.

Last edited:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My turbo had the new style camo 2.5 and I ended up finding an older but new camo extreme and the older one hooks better in the deep for sure.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, if the 15" wide is like that I would be buying a 16" and cutting it down to a 15". That takes all the advantage of a 16" wide on the doos away.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well of the two tracks i ordered a month ago both came in the older style, maybe this is just a 163 thing since there was so many warrenty issues, or is the 154 and 174 the same??, i would also think it has to be less traction than the older style, but might make side hilling better

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I put the new 15 wide 3" on my pro 2 weeks ago and noticed that too right away it's pretty much just over a 14 wide. Still will be a big improvement over the stock track though so I guess we will see.

Your saying the 15 wide belt tracks moved the lugs in to 14"?!? Wow....

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do believe they start building them like that for the Doo guys.....you know,to help them sidehill!!! Lol just joking.
I did notice that as soon as I opened a box.
On Snowest Camoplast has some new 16 wide with only 15 inch wide on the paddles and are 3 inch paddles.
Me thinks someone screwed up....it wouldn't be the first time,remember the reversed paddle tracks that hit some shops a year or 2 ago.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that supposed to be a 16 wide? Maybe they are just trying make one size fits all? Or they are leveling the playing field lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom