The latest steering technology from Arctic Cat

jmercer

Reaction score
The stronger, "double rope" design. This design proved to be more durable than a Rev-XP bumper, as it tore it right off when a strength test was applied.

IMG_5222.jpg

Skidoo is expected to release a prototype sometime this fall that is similar to this. Yamaha and Polaris could not be contacted for comment.

Hahaha oh what a weekend.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stronger, "double rope" design. This design proved to be more durable than a Rev-XP bumper, as it tore it right off when a strength test was applied.

IMG_5222.jpg

Skidoo is expected to release a prototype sometime this fall that is similar to this. Yamaha and Polaris could not be contacted for comment.

Hahaha oh what a weekend.

It also works well if you go to opposite skis, through the bumper and then to the bars, this way you can steer "normally" - especially when you bust your steering post off like that. Don't ask me how I know...... :D

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This all happened at the front side of bolder on sunday still rode for 3 hours like that but was little hard to control down hill. up hill wasnt so bad. it was a tree well that the sled kinda rolled into and the tree jumped at the sled and killed the post.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A "hundred" years ago, way off the trails at Whitecourt a buddy of mine broke his steering stem off. We were goofing around in about 2 feet of powder and he went over the bars. All we had was a pair of vicegrips. So he clamped them on the shaft and had to ride it out. He had the handlebars on his lap, working the gas and brake cable. Yes, cable, that's how long ago it was. Everything went pretty smooth until we came to a hill that he could not climb with the sandpaper track on the sled. My brother and I went about halfway up the hill to grab his skiis for help. It took him three tries to get up to us and the look on his face as he was going backwards trying to use the brake lever, which was on his lap, still makes me really laugh out loud. Thanks for bringing back that memory.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey no problem, what ever happens out there we always try to make the best of it, no sense getting mad about it, as it just cant get any better then being out in the hills just you and your mess of a machine, so relaxing.

Top Bottom