enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,I need some help on a decision here
I have letmy Summit X 146 go, and have decided on the FREERIDE instead

Now my dilemma...

137 w 1.75”or 2.25” track OR 146 w the 2.5” track

I ride inflatlands 90% of the time
The “plan”is to make it West MINIMUM once per year (Fernie, Castle, Golden type areas), possibly twice
I dont need the highmark, LOVE to tree ride, boondock etc ...

More thanlikely a Christmas AND / or a late winter (Mar/April ride)
Our familycabin usually gets great snow (last yr was the exception) otherwise riding here

I have abusiness to run, a young family (2.5 and 4.5yr old kiddies) and try to keepwifey happy and vacation w her once a winter somewhere warm ... so time islimited for multiple trips West
IMO theFREERIDE will be good for banging ditches/jumping a bit here and will get mearound out West and hold its own

Am i missinganything other than the obvious, but in regards to gearing/clutching 137 vs 146??
I’m kind ofleaning towards the 137 right now, but unsure on the track

Need to makea decision as I need to put my name on one ASAP

All helpappreciated!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
146 with the 2.5 without a doubt if you plan to hit the hills even once. If you get anything smaller your better off renting for the trip and having a better time. I ride a 146 with a 2.25 and its the bare min i can possibly see riding normal conditions. If i ever hit a deep day, im screwed. I will be getting more track on the next sled forsure.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
146 with the 2.5 without a doubt if you plan to hit the hills even once. If you get anything smaller your better off renting for the trip and having a better time. I ride a 146 with a 2.25 and its the bare min i can possibly see riding normal conditions. If i ever hit a deep day, im screwed. I will be getting more track on the next sled forsure.

was thinking the same thing ... but I keep going back and forth on this
uugghh .....

made a mistake last year and bought the wrong sled, and just dont wanna make a $14k mistake this year

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
renting is an option i guess when going west, BUT ...

Why don't you just rent a summit when you go out west?

usually for me its an insurance thing
when you rent (from previous experiences) up to $1500 damage is out of pocket up front
so if you hit a tree and say bend an a arm or something, pay up front now
anything larger is a decuctible of like $700 or so

renting is about $300-400/day and i would be a 2-3 day ride

so the chance i DO get west eveb twice, might be worth it to just bring my own ......

146 just might be the ticket I think ....

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2012 with a 154 2.5" track last year. Most of my riding is in Alberta. Few times to the mountains and that is it. I just sold my old sled with the 136 2" track. I will never go to a short track again. 154 or 163 for me. My 154 works better then the short tracks around here. Alot more comfortable and alot less getting stuck. My suggestion is to get the 154 or bare minimum the 146. What was wrong with your old sled?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2012 with a 154 2.5" track last year. Most of my riding is in Alberta. Few times to the mountains and that is it. I just sold my old sled with the 136 2" track. I will never go to a short track again. 154 or 163 for me. My 154 works better then the short tracks around here. Alot more comfortable and alot less getting stuck. My suggestion is to get the 154 or bare minimum the 146. What was wrong with your old sled?

DEF wont get a 154, IMO way to much track for here
146 or the 137 .....

if I DO go 137, thinking 2.25" track - if im going to have less track i guess more lug would make sense

PBNFLD

Reaction score
I have a 2012 154" Freeride that I take to BC and some days It would be nice if she was a 163". So to think of trying to ride a 137" in those conditions.........Well it wouldnt be me. If your torn between the two, I hope you atleast get the 146"

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to see how it goes this year and try a couple longer tracks out if I get the chance. I am almost thinking of changing my freeride to a 163.

PBNFLD

Reaction score
I am going to see how it goes this year and try a couple longer tracks out if I get the chance. I am almost thinking of changing my freeride to a 163.

Yeah I thought of this to. Mainly so it would better handle a turbo and not be a wheelie machine on the hill.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with a 146 simply because the 137 is the SC-5 coupled suspension and the 146 and longer are the SC-5M.

As far as I know you could never add something like the t-motion to the 137.

Read this artical and decide if the coupled suspension is right for you:

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with a 146 simply because the 137 is the SC-5 coupled suspension and the 146 and longer are the SC-5M.

As far as I know you could never add something like the t-motion to the 137.

Read this artical and decide if the coupled suspension is right for you:

thx for the read
146 it will be .... need to finalize the deal tomorrow

dont want e start, but its the only one they have left and wont take it out and reduce the price

Last edited:

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
finalized the deal on the 146 pull start today
take delivery next Wednesday

thanks for everyones input, really appreciate it

now ..... which can, skidplate, skis and wrap should I get, what is best?? ............ bbbbbwwwwwwwwahahahahahahahah!!!!!! just kidding of course!! LOL!

Top Bottom