The Good Ole Days

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was a dealers demo sled. They wanted a $1500 deposit for the weekend. I wasn’t excited about that and we made up a bill of sale so I could insure it for the weekend,and then tear up the bill of sale on Monday. So I went to insure it for the weekend and for fire and theft for the weekend was $15. So I asked her how much for full coverage for the weekend and she says $20. Best $20 I ever spent. So I drop it off Monday and tell the dealer I don’t really want it. He strips it down to the frame to check for frame damage, then the adjuster walks in to inspect it as it’s tore apart and writes it off. All it needed was a hood and a speedo.Still own it. It’s a 174 with baker skid now.
Glad it worked out for you Curtis.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I attended as well. We had to move so they could set rated r down on the mountain. Too bad they could not get it to run properly. Good times, great people. I am sure lots of $$$ brought in to the local economy.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NoBrakes!;[URL="tel:2861618" said:
2861618[/URL]]The velocity boys are good people!

Yes they are great folks, also cover the Jet boat races and much much more.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brings back old memories when back in the 90s when a bunch of us would go to bolder if there was a foot of new snow on the trail it took us all day to get to turbo hill some of the 121 would just make it after the big 136s made a trail up

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they are great folks, also cover the Jet boat races and much much more.

Yessir, I know them through boat racing. Mike mostly, the other boys are always busy workin' while Mike gets to talkin'

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When did the sleds finally have a good 2” lug that would last,and not have to be bolted on? Lol, I know the early 2000s had really tough 151,2” track by then

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When did the sleds finally have a good 2” lug that would last,and not have to be bolted on? Lol, I know the early 2000s had really tough 151,2” track by then
I had pink plastic bolt on paddles on my '94 Polaris Storm 800 and it was the '95/96 season that Camoplast came out with their 2" paddle track. Daryl Baker rolled into the staging area with the first I saw and instantly we all went running to order one. Fastest tech transition ever! Still miss the sound of that triple pipes...

Top Bottom