The curse of oak island

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch this new show on history tonight. It's really interesting can't wait to see what they find.

Sent from my iPhone while telling gay jokes with Phil Robinson

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea but with the depth they dug by hand 175 ft down. And all the booby traps it's got to be good.

Sent from my iPhone

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched it, can't wait to see if they find out what's down there. Was reading on the web that it premiered in the states on jan 5th so there's 3 more episodes out on the net already. Get home tomorrow and going to download them for sure.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing, just like everone else that has been looking for tresure on that island for the last 100 years

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
interesting show fore sure, but doubtful anything real treasure is down there. my guess its just an abandoned mine shaft from way back... but it will be cool to see what the find out either way. sure have a lot invested in the project

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Grew up in Nova Scotia and this old folklore. It's Brel looked at by scientists of who most have deemed it a natural occurring sink hole/ wash out

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we will just have to see what these new guys find. They seem to know how they are going to go about it. I just don't think things add up to being just a sink hole.

Sent from my iPhone

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
They said the wood that was found could just as easily been put in there from an earlier attempt at excavating or as simple as people tossing debris in there.

Hey I have no idea what's down there , and it would be awesome if the stories are true. But as a person who grew up with this story and have heard of the many "treasure hunters" trying to find what's hidden and also heard all the scientific evidence against...... I'll trust science over some self proclaimed treasure hunters.

But with today's technology don't you think rather than blindly excavating and doing a show they would just drill it and send down a camera???

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they found anything wouldn't it have been on the news already?

It's not like they film every episode live is it?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They said the wood that was found could just as easily been put in there from an earlier attempt at excavating or as simple as people tossing debris in there.

Hey I have no idea what's down there , and it would be awesome if the stories are true. But as a person who grew up with this story and have heard of the many "treasure hunters" trying to find what's hidden and also heard all the scientific evidence against...... I'll trust science over some self proclaimed treasure hunters.

But with today's technology don't you think rather than blindly excavating and doing a show they would just drill it and send down a camera???

Yeah in last nights episode they put a camera down to 175ft and saw some stuff down there. Also used a drill put the drill down the hole pumped down air to push up any things of interest. Which was pumped into a big bin to look through the silt.

Sent from my iPhone

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If they found anything wouldn't it have been on the news already?

It's not like they film every episode live is it?

I say the same thing about the bigfoot hunter shows....if they found something it would be on the news way before I'd have to watch week episode

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love ruining surprises. they find this.

shellpla.gif

Its how they put the caramilk inside the caramilk bar

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This damn show has sucked me in. I'm sure they'll drag it out for 3 seasons with no real results but my curiosity refuses to bow to common sense.

Top Bottom