The Copton

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can access the copton via the sheep creek road or you can haul a$$ the long way down the beaverdam road. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as matt and I did riding to this area :specool:

Attachments

• robmatcopton.jpg
    robmatcopton.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 351
Last edited by a moderator:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pics man!! where is that? never heard of copton

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an area north of grande cache about 30km, just on the north side of the sheep creek. Really good area to stage at the sheep creek campground if you are bringing a trailer. Heading west about 37km to the slide area :D
The views were incredible :wtg:

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer to haul my a$$ up the Beaverdam road, in winter especially. One time heading up the sun was rising from behind us, making the hoar frost on the snow sparkle like magic fairy dust.

The Copton airstrip is fun in winter for a drag, too.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an area north of grande cache about 30km, just on the north side of the sheep creek. Really good area to stage at the sheep creek campground if you are bringing a trailer. Heading west about 37km to the slide area :D
The views were incredible :wtg:
thank you for the referral, nice pics. do you drive on the Sheep Creek road to get in to Copton? I've hauled equipment in there for the last 4 winters, there's a couple pretty good grades in there for a truck. would be a nice ride in there without having to chain up....:D

does the Beaverdam road intersect with the Sheep Creek road somewhere? that would be a great loop.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode the road to about km 9 then into a wellsite and followed a pipeline to about km 15, the cutline that heads to the slide is very easy to find as it heads high over the hills. You could also ride the road to the security gate at km 13 then continue on the 15 but how fun is that?...your welcome for the referral, great local site!:D

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that funny
I actual helped build the Copton gas plant up there a while back. traveled up and down that raod for 2 months in the winter just wondering what it would be like for ridding in the summer

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having buddies come to grande cache is a blast, showing them the quad trails, fishing etc is awesome. My son and I are excited this year as we are in our new house and are planning a big house warming this summer with friends from whitecourt and edson...can't wait :D

Attachments

• matcawrdg.jpg
    matcawrdg.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 143
Top Bottom