The awty GP quading thread

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those interested

I am going riding tomorrow with my daughter, and a friend and his son,.. rhino and two quads. We are heading to the dunes south of camp Tamarac, if anyone wishes to join us, let me know and we can meet you out there.

No time set atm, but maybe around 1pm.

Hit me up YO! if you are interested

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those interested

I am going riding tomorrow with my daughter, and a friend and his son,.. rhino and two quads. We are heading to the dunes south of camp Tamarac, if anyone wishes to join us, let me know and we can meet you out there.

No time set atm, but maybe around 1pm.

Hit me up YO! if you are interested[/QUOTE
Good day. Could you share the whereabouts of these dunes, is it just a name or is there actually dunes (excuse my ignorance) I am not familiar with the GP region. What kind of riding is there around GP (tight or wide trails?)Bored out of my mind riding around Edmonton and looking for new locations.
Thanks in advacne. Have a good ride tomorrow:beer:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for the reply,.. some good sand dunes, lot's of dirt bikes and sport quads, we actually have 2 dunes,. south on highway 40 before wapiti river,. and farther east of weyerhauser road.

Used to 4x4 lot's with my pickup when I was younger, but took a hiatus for a few years.

Can take some pictures if you want,.. it may not be big to you, but we take advantage of what we have.

Lot's of trails with sand, in and out of trees,.. because we have the winter games here, they actually closed off the east part of the weyerhauser cutline for the dog sleds races this week.

If you are interested, we are having the Whitemud poker rally on April 24th north of Debolt(east of here), there will have camping and areas available. I usually stay at some private land south of the rally about 10miles, nice and private and you don't have to worry about your trailer.

There are also some dunes south of GP before Ainsworth on highway 40,..

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out around 1pm, only myself and my daughter,..

I once again got bailed on

Last edited:

koda9192

Reaction score
Heading out around 1pm, only myself and my daughter,..

I once again got bailed on

I should have went online last night or this morning. Me and my bud went out this afternoon, we dropped off at the gravel pit just below the dunes. It would have been good to meet up with you.

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe next time, it was only one day notice but oh well. Plan ahead :beer:

I wish it had been as warm as it was yesterday, still a bit of snow down there yet,.. but still fun.

koda9192

Reaction score
Maybe next time, it was only one day notice but oh well. Plan ahead :beer:

I wish it had been as warm as it was yesterday, still a bit of snow down there yet,.. but still fun.

ya, it was really nice yesterday, we were up on the power line and it was probably 4-5 degrees warmer up there than at the gravel pit.

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tried brother ill have to drag my quad out from under the deck and see if i cant figure out whats up with it i suspect the battery is just dead but i duno

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, it was really nice yesterday, we were up on the power line and it was probably 4-5 degrees warmer up there than at the gravel pit.

Was that your trucks at the top, the dodge and I think GM with the tandem axle trailer?

i tried brother ill have to drag my quad out from under the deck and see if i cant figure out whats up with it i suspect the battery is just dead but i duno

No worries, lot's of time left :) might try again for this weekend, but it's my wife's birthday so I dunno :dunno:

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish i could have come too. Maybe we could try again in a couple weeks i just broke my collar bone today on the big sand hill in the pit. oh well sh*t happens

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the gade to start....twas my key my original seems to have lost its programming so i tried my spare and away she went like nothing ever happened

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to try to head out to the dunes area this Sunday,.. might try leaving from upper community sand pit and going east across highway to north of weyerhauser seeing as the trails will be back open.

Suppose to be really nice for Sunday so should make for a pleasant ride.

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok lemme know when your going ill see what i can do but now my truck is out of commision so itll be down to dad if he wants to go or not

Top Bottom