The 2013 Fuel pump breakage recall?

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How to tell if my sled had the recall done on it? She had to get towed out a few weeks ago, and I was pretty disgusted with her. I finally looked at her, and the fuel line is broken off right at the pump...$560 for a pump.
then I read about the recall on the
fuel pump/oil tank. how can I tell if the recall was done? It's definitely closer than the 2015 of the g/fs..
I talked to the local BRP dealer, but they like to pretend that the stuff they sell doesn't break; and not do warranty or any work not paid for out of the poor customers pocket...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the fix for the 2013's was a couple of little aluminum spacers. Should be pretty easy to see with the panel open.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call the dealer with your serial number and ask for a print out of the warranty history. I can do that for you as well if you want to pm me your number.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a safety recall too wasn't it?? Should be eligible for it even if the sled is off the bumper to bumper warranty I believe.

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The recall on the '13's puts a small aluminum spacer in at the front of the oil tank. Lifting the front of the tank pulls at away from the pump a bit. If you look at the right side of the tank near the front, should have a small alum. spacer lifting it up if the recall is done.

Sold my '13, otherwise I'd be able to send a picture.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the update on my old 2013. It is the spacer under the gas tank on both sides and the metal bracketon the oil tank that is above the chaincase.

Attachments

• Update install.jpg
    Update install.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 193

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an XM Fuel pump they wanna sell? might be the same off the XP? Dealer has 'claimed' the safety update and I doubt with it being purchased used in 14 that I have much hope for getting anything done about it...

Flyer

Reaction score
If the dealer invoiced BRP for performing this update, and it's not done, then I'm sure BRP would like to hear about it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an XM Fuel pump they wanna sell? might be the same off the XP? Dealer has 'claimed' the safety update and I doubt with it being purchased used in 14 that I have much hope for getting anything done about it...
You have warranty remaining? Did the dealer do the update that you can see physically?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's a recall they should do it, regardless of whether the sled is on warranty or not.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've been down this road with my '13. Self inflicted damage to the pump though. A 2012 pump won't work and a '14 is different as well. They have made changes every year on the pumps. I ended up fixing the broken nipple on mine by threading in a brass fitting and set it with plastic epoxy. Ran it like that for a couple hundred miles. Depends if it is the return or feed that is broken in yours. I did eventually bite the bullet and buy a new one. I'm paranoid like that. If you want pics of my repaired pump let me know.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's a recall they should do it, regardless of whether the sled is on warranty or not.
Thats what I'm getting at adam. I checked his VIN for him. It has warranty remaining but the recall was claimed. Either recall was not done or not done right or it was self inflicted damage? Dealer may be uneasy if it was done already as I doubt BRP would honor the claim.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the brass fitting repair. I think it's pressure side too, as it's on the filter line. I don't see ANY of the things advised in the pics; but if I try to get brp to do anything, local dealer can say it was done because it was claimed, and somone must have removed it. :/
looking on brp website it looks as if the '13 pump is discontinued.

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
a buddy broke his after the recall was completed and brp still warrantied the pump. it all depends on the dealer. plus he was still the original owner

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your still looking for a pump I had to recently replace the one in my 13xm, low line pressure, but the fittings are still good so if your into it you could swap over your pump and use the good fittings from mine. Be way less than 539.00 plus tax. And yes the 13 pump is not available anymore so I put in a 15 pump and the fittings are lined with metal sleeves so brakeage shouldn't happen as easy.

Top Bottom