That time of year.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my first boat this summer and am getting ready to winterise it, so gonna change the leg oil, add fuel stabilizer and fog the engine. just wondering what everyone does as far as the block.

My mercruiser has the low point drain system so draining the water in easy, just not sure if i should leave it at that or run some rv antifreeze through it. Any tips, tricks or experience is welcome.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you guys just pour in a hose till it comes out.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

Yup. I pull the upper rad hose off and pour til it comes out the water outlet. Then I put a litre or so in each manifold hose. The last little bit of the two gallons goes down the live well hose. My first winter with the live well, I froze the pump. Only had to learn that lesson once.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Not me, I put the water muffs on motor leg with about 4 gallons of antifreeze running into leg to pull liquid through entire system. Got mine from local dealer. Just like in photo.

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not me, I put the water muffs on motor leg with about 4 gallons of antifreeze running into leg to pull liquid through entire system. Got mine from local dealer. Just like in photo.

Ok I want that. Will have to try and find one

marbelizer

Reaction score
You can get a small 12 v dc pump from most boat stores and use that to put the antifreeze to your leg, works like above but with a little more force on the fluid. Worked awesome when I was winterizing my bayliner 175. Just remember to drain out all the water prior to using antifreeze.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya mines a 175 to, got around to it last night went pretty smooth. mercruiser got the drain system right with the quick drain hoses built in. I bought one of those jugs from recreation and fill it with 20 liters of antifreeze. ran her up to temp with the garden hose then drained all the water from the block, and hooked up the antifreeze jug and ran it till the jug was almost empty and sprayed it full of fogging oil. drained the block and manifold again and hopefully its all good. kinda sad to park it for they year but i did fire up all the sleds and pull them out to put the boat away and now i got the sled itch, just have to wait for snow.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's the same way I do it but then I pull the 5 drain plugs have on my 5L.

Top Bottom