Thank You again Fellow Sledders!

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to send out a huge thank you to any of the fellow snow and mudders who stopped and assisted us at Quartz Creek on the morning of thursday December 30!
My friend was riding my 07rev and just past mile marker 5 she missed the corner that was a bridge, she fell 12feet onto the rocks in the shallow creek with the sled on top of her. Several people offered assistance and helped us out tremendously. I had driven back down to the parking lot for help to call 911, Aaron(cant remember which sled shop he owns) had his first aid and assisted with the rescue right away, thank you Aaron; you were amazing. We thought her pelvis was shattered and some broken ribs. The chopper was there within an hr and had her on her way to golden. When we were putting her in the chopper the nest group of people to drive up went down to the creek and got my sled on its track and ready to b towed out! (Didnt catch any names but thank you so much) Turns out the electric start started the sled right up and Aaron rode the sled right outta there! (GO SKIDOO!) It is all cosmetic damage...will be looking for parts soon. However the sled was the least of our worries...turns out she will be ok. She broke ribs and has severe muscle damage in her pelvis and hips but no other breaks, by the time she was at the hospital hypothermia had set in but they warmed her up right away, she was very pleased with her Drs and nurses there. And being the trooper she is she stayed in Golden with us at the hotel to celebrate New Years Eve!
Anybody who was of support or assistance that day I thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart! It is because of fellow sledders like you that I enjoy this sport! I was very shaken up that day as I was following her and saw everything and was very concerned. She says she will be back one day though because of all the people like you that were concerned for a fellow rider! Will need this winter to recover but she will be back!
Thank You to all!:beer:

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow quite a story so glad everyone/everything turned out so well............yes i have seen it too.......sledders are, for the most part, the greatest, most helpful ppl i have ever met...and everytime i go out ridin i seem to make a new friend everytime..whether im tuggin on someones ski....or i get some help shovellin outa one of my messes hahaha just goes ta show u...sledders really do care!!! cheers:beer::beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Good to hear all went well .............. quite a story. :beer::d:beer:

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just about missed that bridge on the quartz trail too. Scary lil place to have a wreck thats for sure! Glad everything worked out and heal fast as the season has just begun!!

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. With all the frequency of the "Stolen Sleds", or Inconsiderate this or that threads.........

There are still good people out there, good on ya guys/gals

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know a sledder that wouldnt stop to help someone.......we stick together! hope she is doing well.......

That's what I thought too but found out last year there still are few useless A$$ Hats out there. Wife and I stopped to assist a couple who had put their sled over a 30 ft. embankment. Took us over 2 hours of digging, cutting and pulling. Two seperate groups of 3 guys stopped, looked and high tailed it. :mad:
Glad to hear this story has a happy ending. Hats off to everyone who helped out Great to see!:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

pistonpete

Reaction score
I would like to send out a huge thank you to any of the fellow snow and mudders who stopped and assisted us at Quartz Creek on the morning of thursday December 30!
My friend was riding my 07rev and just past mile marker 5 she missed the corner that was a bridge, she fell 12feet onto the rocks in the shallow creek with the sled on top of her. Several people offered assistance and helped us out tremendously. I had driven back down to the parking lot for help to call 911, Aaron(cant remember which sled shop he owns) had his first aid and assisted with the rescue right away, thank you Aaron; you were amazing. We thought her pelvis was shattered and some broken ribs. The chopper was there within an hr and had her on her way to golden. When we were putting her in the chopper the nest group of people to drive up went down to the creek and got my sled on its track and ready to b towed out! (Didnt catch any names but thank you so much) Turns out the electric start started the sled right up and Aaron rode the sled right outta there! (GO SKIDOO!) It is all cosmetic damage...will be looking for parts soon. However the sled was the least of our worries...turns out she will be ok. She broke ribs and has severe muscle damage in her pelvis and hips but no other breaks, by the time she was at the hospital hypothermia had set in but they warmed her up right away, she was very pleased with her Drs and nurses there. And being the trooper she is she stayed in Golden with us at the hotel to celebrate New Years Eve!
Anybody who was of support or assistance that day I thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart! It is because of fellow sledders like you that I enjoy this sport! I was very shaken up that day as I was following her and saw everything and was very concerned. She says she will be back one day though because of all the people like you that were concerned for a fellow rider! Will need this winter to recover but she will be back!
Thank You to all!:beer:

Aaron, from Moutain motor sports, ( YAMAHA dealer ) Awesome guy,:d
Glad it will be OK.:d

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be Aaron from GSR, Golden Snomobile Rentals, he is a great guy!!

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. So glad to hear she is doing okay. It makes you have that warm and fuzzy feeling to hear about fellow sledders stopping to help in a bad situation like that. We have had a few times where that doesn't happen.

Hope she heels fast!!!!!:)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad it all worked out and your friend is OK! Way to Go Aaron, good job man :) And to those nameless peeps for lending aid in another human beings time of need.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doctor called from Golden today, turns out she does have a cracked pelvis
but they couldnt see it. The radiologist saw it today, she sees her dr again tomorrow and will have more xrays done. It explains the pain and why she still can hardly move. Glad they found it but would have been better to know days ago as she shouldnt have been trying to move around even with crutches they now say. Just praying for her to recover fully and as soon as possible.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome and hope she recovers fully soon. We have had our share of having to help other riders that went off trail or into a creek etc. But what amazes me is people can stop to help anyone if their in trouble but some of us still need to wreck the cabins or leave garbage lying around etc. Baffles my mind sometimes.:confused:

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys! I by no means think of myself as a "hero" that's for sure. I think you guys did a great job of not moving her other then her critical intervention (moving Angie from the river) which was very important in the fight against hypothermia. There was plenty of help that day from several people that remain nameless and it is always greatly appreciated.
First aid is something that seems like such a pain in the butt each year to get updated, but in situations like these the practice does pay off.
The backcountry can be a dangerous place and even in a situation as simple and innocent as this, only a few kilometers from the highway, it does require time and some serious evacuation help.
Time is always of the essence!
Thank you for the nice words and lets hope Angie has a strong and speedy recovery!! Hang in there!

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we came up on this after it had all happened, chopper already on its way. i was amazed at how many sledders stopped to help! there was plenty of help handy. we didn't want to create a large audience so we slowly passed through.

its great to hear she's doing well! that was quite a fall onto some nasty lookin rocks. we'll be praying for a quick recovery so she can get back out into the hills!

Sledding Bambi

Reaction score
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. They don't always wear capes, change clothes in a phone booth, or have aliases...they do however impact your life enough never to be forgotten. Therefore Aaron, you are very much a hero in my eyes and all the wonderful people in my life who know and love me would agree. My name is Angie, and I was the "golden girl" who decided to mix sledding and polar dipping all in one shot. I can't even tell you what went through my mind as I was plunging off a bridge into a shallow creek 12 feet below me within my first 6 km of my sledding career. I can however, tell you everything I was thinking once I was laying in cold flowing water with no way to lift myself up and out of the situation. Once the sled was off my legs, and I was assissted in getting out of the freezing water, I was headstrong in the fact that I was gonna walk myself outta the creek and get back to riding. I was wrong. When I went to take my first step, I knew something was terribly wrong. I also have my first aid, but it is useless when you are the one who needs it and I was unable to do more than access myself, stay calm and let others take charge of my situation. One of the hardest things for me to do because I am a strong willed, independant woman. As I sat on the creek's edge the whole situation became surreal and I had to let go and know I was blessed to have so many wonderful friends surrounding me to help me. So much went on in that hour that we awaited the chopper to arrive, but one thing I will never forget is Aaron commenting on how nice my finger nails were when they removed my wet and cold gloves...haha. He blew my mind at that point and I knew he was more than just a guy with first aid, he was a kind soul who made light of a ugly situation when I most needed it. Anyone can have the training, but actually being a person who truly cares for humanity and people puts you on a whole new level of care. He is a genuine man who made a difference in how I handled the situation myself. THANK YOU!!! When I left the Golden Hospital I was told I only had a fractured rib and lots of muscle damage. However, I have had some severe pain since my accident and went to see my family doctor today for a follow-up. As I had thought, they confirmed today that I did fracture my pelvis, and I have not 1 or 2, but rather 3 cracked ribs. Nothing that time and good drugs will not heal. As far as my sledding career, well I am thinking it didn't get off to a good start and so next year I will get back on ride for sure. I whole-heartedly believe in Karma and I know that one day I will get to pay back the good-will that came to me that day on the mountain and to all those who helped me, good things will come your way. I am one who is dying to live, and not living to die...so believe me when I say, I will get back on a sled and see you all on the trails next year. THANK YOU all again.

Top Bottom