Texting while riding a motorcycle....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
EDMONTON - Just when they thought they had seen everything, Edmonton police came across a new one Sunday night — a man texting while riding a motorcycle.
About 8:45 p.m., officers saw him on a cellphone while riding near 41st Avenue and 44th Street in Mill Woods. Police attempted to get him to pull over, but instead, they say, he fled.
After failing to negotiate a turn three blocks away, the motorcycle struck an oncoming vehicle. The rider tried to escape on foot, but was arrested nearby.
Police have charged Curtis Uffelman, 53, of Edmonton, with criminal flight, criminal hit and run, disqualified driving and numerous other offences, including distracted driving.
“Our officers have seen some pretty ridiculous things from motorists, including people trying to read while driving, a person using their knees to steer a vehicle while eating a bowl of cereal and now this,” said Staff Sgt. Barry Maron of the traffic section.

mklinkenberg@edmontonjournal.com
Twitter.com/martykej
© Copyright (c) The Edmonton Journal

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This new distraction law is a joke :rant:i see people talking on their phone and texting all the time , did not seem to fix anything

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
“Two-wheeled texter” charged
For Immediate Release:13-Aug-2012 @ 11:54 AM
MRU #:TR12R052
EPS File #:
Contravention of the province’s new distracted driving legislation was taken to a new level Sunday evening, after a motorcyclist was arrested and charged with numerous offences, including texting while driving.
At approximately 8:45 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012, EPS Southeast members observed a motorcyclist texting on a cell phone while driving near 41 Avenue and 44 Street in Mill Woods. The officers signaled the driver to pull over, but the driver left the scene at a high rate of speed.

The motorcycle then struck an oncoming vehicle, after failing to negotiate a turn on 44 Avenue at 41 Street. He then fled the scene on foot, but was eventually arrested nearby by officers in pursuit.

Police have charged Wayne Aucoin, 43, of Edmonton, with one count each of Criminal Flight, Criminal Hitand Run, Disqualified Driving and numerous other provincial traffic offences.

“Our officers have seen some pretty ridiculous things from motorists, including people trying to read while driving, a person using their knees to steer a vehicle while eating a bowl of cereal and now this,” said Staff Sgt. Barry Maron, of the EPS Traffic Section.

“We’re approaching the one-year anniversary when the province introduced its new Distracted Driving Legislation, and the EPS will continue to enforce this legislation with vigilance.”

-30-
Please contact Scott Pattison at (780) 421-3553 for more information.
"Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve"

C

Cycle

I can text, talk on the phone, drink a beer, and have a smoke; all while riding a crotch rocket

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously someone that doesn't know the real reason for riding.
Forget everything else and enjoy the ride.

Unless your on Deerfoot. Then you need to watch out for dumba$$es, objects in your lane, and the constant crap in the air that can remove the first layer of skin.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
edmonton - just when they thought they had seen everything, edmonton police came across a new one sunday night — a man texting while riding a motorcycle.
About 8:45 p.m., officers saw him on a cellphone while riding near 41st avenue and 44th street in mill woods. Police attempted to get him to pull over, but instead, they say, he fled.
After failing to negotiate a turn three blocks away, the motorcycle struck an oncoming vehicle. The rider tried to escape on foot, but was arrested nearby.
Police have charged curtis uffelman, 53, of edmonton, with criminal flight, criminal hit and run, disqualified driving and numerous other offences, including distracted driving.
“our officers have seen some pretty ridiculous things from motorists, including people trying to read while driving, a person using their knees to steer a vehicle while eating a bowl of cereal and now this,” said staff sgt. Barry maron of the traffic section.

mklinkenberg@edmontonjournal.com
twitter.com/martykej
© copyright (c) the edmonton journal
​bwahahahaha!

sixwheeldump

Reaction score
I agree man.... the whole reason I got a bike in the first place is to leave behind all the stress of work for a few hours. If I'm not focused on the road it's only cause I'm staring at a great pair of T**S for a sec.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I text while driving every other mode of transportation, don't see why I couldn't on a bike?????
Arff, anything in the textbook about bikes?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I text while driving every other mode of transportation, don't see why I couldn't on a bike?????
Arff, anything in the textbook about bikes?

It will be fine. Have done it myself on my bike.....

2013 Campout Mike########## and myself will be running another texting class using any type of transportation.

Class fee is beer....:beer:
:beer:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it REALLY sucked back in the day while trying to ride AND dial the old rotary phones.......try that one ya young riding txters! HA so there!!

mikewayne

Reaction score
Website
www.usasuperbikes.com
This really seems to be a bad way of driving as being distracted by such a small thing like taking a call or texting while driving might lead to an accident and can be fatal to life of the rider as well as the people around him.

Top Bottom