texting while driving

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder what will it take for people to stop doing this before another life is lost because someone wants to reply to a S&M thread. According to his own words his spelling is bad because he was driving. WOW!!!! I pointed out that a good friend of mine lost his 19 year old son and to my surprise all I got from him "sorry to hear". Are you kidding me??? What if you killed a whole family?? Is replying to a thread that important. If you can't spell right then definitely you can't drive. This makes my blood boil!

DoubleW

Reaction score
I can't drive a block in Calgary without seeing someone paying more attention to their phone than to the environment around them; I sincerely don't think that the government has mandated a large enough penalty for distracted driving. I'd be very interested to know how many infractions CPD has issued in a given time period, clearly the severity of this offense isn't acknowledged by the electronically addicted.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton has had radio commercial adds recently saying police are cracking down harder on people staring at there crotch while driving.Hopefully people start to get the hint.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
start Honking at them and calling them out while they are dooing it !

what get me the most is a lot of people have a blatant disregard for the law and blatant disrespect for others on the road .

honk at them and they give you the finger rather than putting the phone down !

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better yet, I get out of my truck and show him the card you get at peoples funerals with their picture / age etc. Wonder if that will hit home…. probably not!

start Honking at them and calling them out while they are dooing it !

what get me the most is a lot of people have a blatant disregard for the law and blatant disrespect for others on the road .

honk at them and they give you the finger rather than putting the phone down !

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, texting and driving is far worse than driving under the influence. At least someone who's chitfaced is trying to pay attention to the road. I don't know how many times in the last year or two where I've had vehicles heading into my lane and they crank it over at the last minute and it's obvious they're looking down at their phone.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad but true!

IMO, texting and driving is far worse than driving under the influence. At least someone who's chitfaced is trying to pay attention to the road. I don't know how many times in the last year or two where I've had vehicles heading into my lane and they crank it over at the last minute and it's obvious they're looking down at their phone.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder what will it take for people to stop doing this before another life is lost because someone wants to reply to a S&M thread. According to his own words his spelling is bad because he was driving. WOW!!!! I pointed out that a good friend of mine lost his 19 year old son and to my surprise all I got from him "sorry to hear". Are you kidding me??? What if you killed a whole family?? Is replying to a thread that important. If you can't spell right then definitely you can't drive. This makes my blood boil!

I read that comment on the other thread and read the reply. To his defence he never said he was actually driving and was responding to Mike125789543489)34675 saying how his grammar was bad. So I took it as a joke! You got to joke around with Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know the guy so can't judge if it was a joke or not…… I hope it was as I have spent a fair bit of time with my friend trying to comfort him from losing his son from texting and driving (it was a brutal death to boot). So un-necessary to the point I have sat my 3 daughters down and gave them "the speech". Anyway, tks for the clarification. If anything, this post is a reminder :)

I read that comment on the other thread and read the reply. To his defence he never said he was actually driving and was responding to Mike125789543489)34675 saying how his grammar was bad. So I took it as a joke! You got to joke around with Mike

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since The law was implemented approx 6000 charges in the edm area!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know the guy so can't judge if it was a joke or not…… I hope it was as I have spent a fair bit of time with my friend trying to comfort him from losing his son from texting and driving (it was a brutal death to boot). So un-necessary to the point I have sat my 3 daughters down and gave them "the speech". Anyway, tks for the clarification. If anything, this post is a reminder :)

Yes it's is a good reminder not to do it. I have lost people to texting and driving to.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could you please explain why impaired drivers crash if they are trying to pay attention?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They said that on global the other night, 3 charges personal hygiene , 3 charges for some other **** , the rest texting or talking

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
250 News | One Dead in 97 Crash

A photo of a local accident caused by texting and driving. The heavy truck in the picture had a dashcam and recorded the oncoming vehicle crossing the center line while the driver was texting. Confirmed by local CVSE officer. Driver of the pickup died at the scene.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so sad! Wonder what was so important that driver had to text while driving…….. nothing!

250 News | One Dead in 97 Crash

A photo of a local accident caused by texting and driving. The heavy truck in the picture had a dashcam and recorded the oncoming vehicle crossing the center line while the driver was texting. Confirmed by local CVSE officer. Driver of the pickup died at the scene.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya its definitely become a sickness, like the radio says dont text and drive like its pretty bad when people have to be told that, if someone ever rear ends me or hits my truck cause of texting, they're gonna be worse off when i make it out the truck

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 4.5km drive through Leduc to and from work. So it takes me less then 7 min some days. Today I payed attention and seen 4 guys for sure on there phone. And a few more possibly

Top Bottom