Tether, maybe?

SwampRatt

Reaction score
Took out the 07 renegade last weekend and the electric start and reverse wouldn't work. As the day went on it got more difficult to get started, but ran normal once it was running. By the end of the day, no spark at all. Always ran like a champ before this. Noticed tonight that the "X" in the tether is broken off and floating around. Do I take the gamble and get a new one programmed? Would this explain anything about the reverse? Thanks for everyone's help in advance

BCsledder

Reaction score
The "X" has been missing from my tether for a long time now and it hasnt effected mine in any way. I was worried about it when i first seen it was loose but it fell out one day and i didnt even notice until the end of the day. So no i dont think a new tether will fix your problem.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when my tether is acting up the sled will start and run fine, just wont rev over 2500 and it beeps constantly..doesnt sound like a tether issue...

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when my tether is acting up the sled will start and run fine, just wont rev over 2500 and it beeps constantly..doesnt sound like a tether issue...

Mine too. No manual, took me a few minutes of head scratching to figure out what was up.

sorry, can't be much of a help.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tether was a bit loose and it did exactly like yours. it would run fine but no reverse, you wiggle the tether and it would work. the other thing it did on occasion is no rev over 2500 rpm. took it in for a new tether and every thing works fine now.

Top Bottom