Teth-Air power hookup.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When hooking up the Teth-Air on a Yamaha 4 stroke, where do you hook the power wire to. This must be power once your sled is running, not the power as soon as you turn the ignition on. I have hooked mine to the accessory port positive side, and that is not correct. It will turn over for 4 seconds and if the motor hasn't started the teth air shuts the sled down. Then I end up turning the key off for 3 seconds and repeating the initial step. Its only difficult when first starting on cold days.

topsecret

Reaction score
I believe the headlight circuit only turns on when the sled is running, try going through there!

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Hey Ron, if its on an MTX you should have the 12V accessory plug. We wire ours into it, works great. cheers!

We haven't been using them as tether systems though, more of a theft deterant. The insurance companies in SK wont insure a sled with a turbo unless it has one of these on them. We run an OFT Tether with Roll-over valve for actual riding purposes and strap the tether fob to the sled and just take it in with you at the end of the day etc. hope this all helps! I think Chris from Source gave me a call cause he was saying you were having questions. Not sure if you got it solved....

sledhead69

Reaction score
What is the OFt tether with roll over valve.....is that a brand?Is it better then the jacobsons or mpi ones?

Top Bottom