test ride. some good some bad

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well just got in from my first ride on the proclimb. spent a full day in valemount, mostly socked in all day but got some good breaks. great conditions about 2' fresh and maybe 6' total. put on approx 60km. first the good. I LOVE MY PROCLIMB! haha. ran flawless, great power, never had any issues with wet clutches or anything. mine is an early model so the hood contacts the pipe but had no sign of melting. the new 153 2.5'' track is amazing, climbed like hell, even higher than my buddies 1100 turbo 162. i switched from doo and im very happy with the switch. NOW THE BAD. my other buddy that was waiting for his 1100 to show but it hasnt yet so our dealer (we are good friends with him) gave him a '12 HCR 153 to use for the weekend. well it made it 1.7km up the trail when the motor went. one piston has great compression, the other nothing. not sure of the problem but both mine and that one were from the same place and mine ran flawless.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup i swapped mine before it hit the snow. buddy ended up running the spare sled that was brought. 07 m1000

fitlow

Reaction score
i ran my new m8 in cortz creek on the11th and made it 4 km and fried the pto side piston dealer says a bubble in the oil line bummer gotta love warrenty
cant wait to work out the glitches and give her a good ride

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ran my new m8 in cortz creek on the11th and made it 4 km and fried the pto side piston dealer says a bubble in the oil line bummer gotta love warrenty
cant wait to work out the glitches and give her a good ride

yep got to love driving from didsbury to british columbia to ride 4 km up the trail then turn around and head home. warranty is sweet! fawk that noise that thing would be on my dealers lawn! who wants rebuilt crap. you paid top dollar for a top machine and got sweet f all. i dont know how you cat guys are keeping your cool. must be dedicated.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep got to love driving from didsbury to british columbia to ride 4 km up the trail then turn around and head home. warranty is sweet! fawk that noise that thing would be on my dealers lawn! who wants rebuilt crap. you paid top dollar for a top machine and got sweet f all. i dont know how you cat guys are keeping your cool. must be dedicated.

I'll be choked if mine goes down for sure Maxwell. But as much as people make claims of that they will be taking something right back to the dealer. It just doesn't work that way. Think of all the issues over the years with every make of sled, truck, quad, etc. A dealer will provide warranty and support, not refunds. It sucks for sure, I've had a stupid exhaust sensor go on a $75,000.00 truck that cost me a $1200.00 rental fee while it was in for warranty work waiting for parts. It blew a$$ at the time but a guy has to put on his big boy pants and get thru it. If mine blows up she's a 7 hour drive to get it to T&T for me. :rolleyes:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell is just trying to set you misguided souls straight. Just drink the kool aid. Lol.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in 97 polaris had the exact same issue with air bubbles and it was still the machine to have. Pretty simple fix and it was all related to dealer prep. Im sure once they figure the bugs out it will be a nice, sturdy machine (except for the front bumper of course). Thats the deal with first year machines, you get to be the first guy on the block as well as a guinea pig. That is why I dont buy first year anything anymore.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in 97 polaris had the exact same issue with air bubbles and it was still the machine to have. Pretty simple fix and it was all related to dealer prep. Im sure once they figure the bugs out it will be a nice, sturdy machine (except for the front bumper of course). Thats the deal with first year machines, you get to be the first guy on the block as well as a guinea pig. That is why I dont buy first year anything anymore.
they re-routed the oil line under the case on warranty rather than over top the way they came from the factory on the '97 700 polaris to cure the oil bubble problem. I remember lots of them going down

fitlow

Reaction score
got my sled back ,, dealer was great ,, the problem was a bubble in the injection line
ch!t happens,,fact of life
warranty was never an issue
rode it yesterday and all went well
what a sweet sled
other owners remember to check your frog skins on the underside of intake heat them up and re-stick or remove and apply better glue
have a great ride this weekend everyone
chers

Top Bottom