Teryx Clutch Question

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased a '09 monster edition Teryx recently and am pretty impressed with the torque BUT anything could always use more. Anyways my problem with it is on slow acceleration it seems to shudder at the start until I get a little faster, is this a clutch alignment problem or is it normal?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does it too. Its cause the belt is too loose. I guess your suppos to adjust them after 10 hours. I got 68hrs on mine and im not to worried. I might take it in for a service soon as i havent even done that. Go onto the other forums and you can talk with lots of guys about the teryx and they know way more than me.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing too, Just got a chip for it, hope it will give it a little more bottom end to get wheels spinning, don't care about top speed. How are yours for switching in and out of 2/4 wheel drive, mine seems to take a long time? I read there is a vacuum line that can get plugged up but need a service manual as can't find it.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing too, Just got a chip for it, hope it will give it a little more bottom end to get wheels spinning, don't care about top speed. How are yours for switching in and out of 2/4 wheel drive, mine seems to take a long time? I read there is a vacuum line that can get plugged up but need a service manual as can't find it.

I think its electic for the 4wd. But id post on the teryxforums or teryxhq and some one might know. Mine takes a few seconds, just like my old brute force did. What clutch kit you order? Im ordering the EPI sport utility kit soon(i had to get a clutch for my truck first). I think i might also get the intake and such sooner or later. Mine has more than enough power but a little more could never hurt.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its electic for the 4wd. But id post on the teryxforums or teryxhq and some one might know. Mine takes a few seconds, just like my old brute force did. What clutch kit you order? Im ordering the EPI sport utility kit soon(i had to get a clutch for my truck first). I think i might also get the intake and such sooner or later. Mine has more than enough power but a little more could never hurt.

Didn't get a clutch kit, got a electronic chip, wasn't expecting much for $40 on ebay but thought I'd give it a try and was impressed with the difference. It's a lot quicker off the line spinning all 4 tires and got up to 70 on speedo real quick. I also found the 4x4 switch, it's a vacuum actuator that pulls a cable to engage 4 wheel drive, might have to keep that cable lubed up. I downloaded a 08 service manual, will help with most things, pm me if you want a copy.

Top Bottom