Terrible Squeak in front end of Yamaha Kodiak 400

shooter5635

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a 2000 Yamaha 400 Kodiak and after plowing season i was washing it down to get all the salt off of it. After i washed it off, the front end squeaks like crazy when im in reverse, but only while im in reverse. When im going forward there is no noise. I called a couple buddies but they didnt have any idea what it was so i soaked the A-Arms with WD40 and the squeaking has gone away, but i know as soon as the weather warms up and i hit the creek beds, the oil is just gonna get washed away and that annoying squeak will come back. :rant:I was wondering if you guys had any idea what it was specifically so i could grease it and be done with it.:confused:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lower steering bearing in the steering post. Mine did the same thing. The dealer said it was ok and not to bother changing it but the squeeking drove me nut's. A buddy had the same problem so I told the dealer to change it, low and behold the squeeking was gone.......

shooter5635

Reaction score
ok thanks, i havent taken it to the dealer yet, but that is the next step. How much did it cost to get yours replaced?

Top Bottom