Telus 3G+ network out of town

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have anything good to say about the Telus 3G+/HSPA network out of town? I need to get a new phone and I have heard this network can be a problem out of town (I have heard others say it's fine, but I'm not sure about that).

What is the real scoop? I will almost never be by the big centers, always out of town traveling all over Alberta. This phone is going to be my primary business phone 3000+ minutes a month and it has to work everywhere!

Everyone I talk to says the iphone is so great, but I think if you go out of town with it you are done....am I right?

Should I just stay with the CDMA EV-DO network? (ie. Telus 3G)

Thank you!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
cant use it in sask or a lot of places by ftmac... i worked northwest of ftmac this winter and was lucky i brought my old phone to replace my Iphone.

the word is the heavy populated areas of sask will get 3G soon and follow by rural 3G this summer/fall.

should have no problem in AB soon :)

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in Rocky Mtn. House and have the I-phone and love it , it works very well in and out off town. Of course there are spots it will not work when i'm out quading in the bush. But i do find it it has better reception than my old flip phone.
I tried the new HTC Hero smart phone but was VERY Unimpressed, it had many problems with the operating system that HTC could not fix.
Go for the I-phone 3GS it is very nice.

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had a Bberry Curve on the old network and i was dropping 10-15 calls a day, i now have a iphone for a personal phone and a new BB Bold, both on the 3G network and i have yet to find a spot around here that the service isint better. And now i drop like 1 call a week

the new Telus nework and the IPhone are Better IMO

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I would go 3G if I could use it in SK or the US, but for the moment I will have to stick to the old CDMA. Living in Medicine Hat we do far too much business in SK to be without a solid working phone. US is sketchy right now too, so not for me. As far as comparison to CDMA, 3G is far superior, you just cant get it everywhere yet.

Top Bottom