Tell me what truck to buy

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Im sure this has been posted before but couldn't find it. Anyways I currently have a 08 F350 and like the truck but dont really need it anymore since my fifth wheel (9300lbs loaded) is now to long to legally pull my boat behind it. I don't really need a diesel since I dont pull the trailer more than 6 times a year. Basically im looking at either the F150 eco or the 2500hd denali with the 6.0L. Abybody have any advice or plus/minus things to say about either truck? Im stumped about what one to get.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy went from a GMC to a 11 F250 gas. He was a GMC guy true and true!!! He went to this F250 gas and LOVE's it!! He also tows his trailer once in a while not much and says it does great towing. Most of all he cant believe the difference in ride says he wishes he would of tried a Ford a long time ago. Not sure if you are in to something like the F250 gas or not?? Just a thought for you.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also have two buddies with 2011 F250's with the 6.2 gas motor. One had a d-max before and the other had a powerstroke. They both say the 2011's make them happy happy happy.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have a tough time going from my durramax to a gas job but If I was it would be to the platinum f150 with a ecoboost. I drove one for a couple days and loved it but...... When I got my truck back it was easy to forget it.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Yeah I have looked at all options and basically narrowed it down to the two choices I listed. Thanks for the input. Guess I will just roll the dice and see what happens

Redneck002

Reaction score
I have a eco boost and i wish i would have went with 5.0l not that ecoee but is boosty getting around 15mpg most def would not recomend one to a buddy.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ I too have a Eco boost but not picking up what you're putting down other than you should have gone with a 5.0L . I am getting 15 L /per 100 km on average around town and about 22 L pulling a enclosed

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here we drove both wife and I both liked the 5.0 better the ego boost sounds like a car no matter what you do to it however bulldog has a programmer for it that put just over 350 Hp to the ground However it still sounds like a civic

She since moved on to a 13 escape with a 4 cyl ego boost and I am quite impressed 240 Hp and pulls hard to 185 kph I hear

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have the Denali but I do have a 2010 fully loaded 2500hd with the 6.0L. I love it. I had a 2000 with the 4.8l before. Stepping up to the 6.0 was very nice. You might miss the torque stepping down from a diesel. I really like the 6 speed transmission, the way it shifts down in trailer haul mode, really saves the brakes. 110 kph at 2000 rpm with 411 gears, can't beat that. Best I've got with it is 20 mpg but I had to try to get it (set the cruse on 100 back from Edmonton).

I wonder about these eco boost set ups. Sure they have great power but how long are they going to last if you drive the $hit out of them all the time towing. But hey that's just my opinion.

The only thing I don't like about my 2010 (and this is nit picking because it's not all that bad) is the cab noise in the Crew cab. It might just be the tires I have but I do hear a bit of road noise coming from the floor area in the middle of the cab. It's not by any means loud and if you aren't concentrating on it you wouldn't realize it's there.

jgeorg

Reaction score
If you have time to wait, most new style trucks are coming out for 2014- Tundras got a hell of an engine, just a rougher interior. Just my opinion, but I'd stay away from GM's 5.3- not a bad engine, just much too underpowered for today's standards.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder if Toyota will come out with a 3/4 ton version for the tundra and maybe a diesel power pack hmmm?

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
If Toyota put a diesel in the Titan, I'm sure it would be all about fuel economy and not torque......

jgeorg

Reaction score
Nissan and Cummins may be teaming up for a 2.8 for the Titan, but that's for 2014. The new Dodges have a ton of bells and whistles, and a new 8-speed - anxious to hear how that tranny will do. Tundras are doing pretty good with an 11,000 pound towing rating, they haul ass too.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should mass produce the Mad Maxx Truck for the 80's lol

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
There are soooo many to choose from. Some of the trucks in Mad Max 4 are pretty knarley.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother has a newer f150 with the eco boost and its a fight who gets to drive it. He says more power more fuel eco and nice ride from dodge deisel chevy guy. Check ur dealer out fully, enjoy.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Thought about the tundra but they do need to dress up the interiors a bit. 5L arent a option since they dont have to tow ratings. What are you guys actually getting for milage out of the 6.0l gas jobs unloaded?

Top Bottom