Tech help with rear shock on 08 M8 please...

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is the second season with my M and I am starting to tinker a bit more. I was wondering about raising the pressure in the rear shock. I assumed it would just fill up to what I wanted to set it at, but as soon as I put the air to it the ass end started sinking? I put it up on a stand and the most I can get in there is 100psi.What could be going on? It doesn't sound like it's taking air at all.....?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the track is off the ground you should be able to put like 150psi pressure into it.. The more pressure that you put inot it the higher the rear should sit. You might need to get the rear shock rebuilt, or the o-ring might be blown out on the filler valve.. If you pull the whole valve assembly out there should be an o-ring in behind it.. But something definitely doesn't seem right.. Do you still have warranty?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm over by about 3 wks!!!:( I will call my dealer tomorrow to ask him what can be done. Thanks Glenn.

freejay

Reaction score
If you're using an air compressor maybe 100 PSI is all the compressor will do for pressure. There is a special pump that they gave with the sno pro models that didn't come with the regular M8. I've read that stock pressure is around 150 PSI. I know that you lose about 5 psi just when you take the air chuck off the fitting. You won't be able to hear it taking air because the shock volume is sooo small.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see it being the comp.? It max's out at around 200psi(Dewalt job site comp) It is funny though as my dealer told me it either holds air or it doesn't! Maybe a blocked stem or something? I am going to tinker somemore today. That makes sense about the small volume as well....thanks freejay!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use nitrogen in our shocks on our race quads to charge the pressure canisters, also use it in the tires during the winter races....

I would check to see if the Fox shock can handle nitrgen. Nitrogen doesnt condensate like air, it wont leak as easy has air because its thicker and it doesnt expand or contract anywhere near like air....

A few of the tire shops are useing it now....I know Tire warehouse does.

Top Bottom