tearing cv boots getting old

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cannot keep my rear cv boots together, i just keep blowing them, i took the stock guards off as all they did was hold sticks and rocks against the boot, i just blew 2 more boots on my last ride, and it mostly forest roads and wide trails, no sticks, or big rocks, does anyone know of a solution? i have had issues with both my gorilla and stock axle boots.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, its a stock 700 rhino not much done machined sheave and msd ignition, even went back to stock tires for reliability

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you blowing the cv joint or just the boot?
I have replaced my cv boots with Moose brand and they are a lot tougher than stock. I have never torn one off these boots.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put aluminum A-arm guards on right from new. I've got 3000 km on my 700 Rhino and have not had any boot or cv problems. Touch wood.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am not a believer in guards but i think i am going to cut up my stock ones and try it, most of the big guards hold stuff in them, and are hard to clean out, tore another boot today, total 3 in 2 rides but i put a stick through one that already was torn! the stick plugged both holes!

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:Where are you driving????????? :rolleyes:get out of the treetops and drive on the ground!:rolleyes::d:beer:!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I got a full under armour plate and guards on my Rhino, no issues whatsoever. There is a guy in Black Diamond that makes them, also roof and windshield.

Attachments

• Blue River 2010 005.jpg
    Blue River 2010 005.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 109

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as much as i hate the stock guards for holding stuff in i realized that imo yamaha puts their guards on the wrong side so with the slightest of trimming i put my stock
a-arm guards back on but on the wrong side, they look a lot better to me, as i can wash around my cv boot when i get home, and snow/mud cannot build up. stock the guards are actually shovels with a big back gaurd to hold stuff. side not i do not ride in trees or sticks, rarely even in mud i think rocks tore out most of my boots.i did find a tree in one though

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and as for the buy a rzr comment, never will i own one, i know with my riding style it will never last anywhere near as long as my rhino, and the rzr's low range in garbage, my rhino goes 71 km/h in low and i still can out tow/ work any rzr, and no i am not trying to start a fight just my opinion.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found that unlike tearing cv boots from foreign objects, constant high speed will heat up the boots to the point the rubber get's soft and the boot actually peels on itself creating rips and holes. On my machine I have the factory aluminum front and rear guards.

Also if you use you machine a lot in the snow,.. myself I remove the axle guards because they just keep the snow packed in and it freezes when you stop riding,.. Unless of course you have a heated shop to put your machine in after you ride so the snow can melt.

Last edited by a moderator:

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was wondering about that, my axles have been so hot i could not touch them, i usually ride wide open, the last couple rides i lost the 3 boots i was between 60-92 km/h for about 2-3 hours straight, no stops.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all you would see is the tailgate of this one lol all b/s aside would love to go riding sometime.

Chris
Apparently you can`t say anything against a rhino on here ....or it will disappear .Even if it is true ..LOL

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was wondering about that, my axles have been so hot i could not touch them, i usually ride wide open, the last couple rides i lost the 3 boots i was between 60-92 km/h for about 2-3 hours straight, no stops.

It's funny that you are blowing your boots out when you are doing 92 km/h, as I though a Rhino had to be on a truck or trailer to go that fast.:d:d:d

Top Bottom