Team tied on xm/xp

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has done the team tied conversion on their xm or xp? Herd some good about it just want a little more feedback before doing it. Good?bad? Worth it? Thanks!!

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have it on my XP. Love how easy it is to work on. 1 bolt the secondary comes off.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belt ran cooler, easier todo maintenance and mods, get parts for a team clutch at any polaris dealer, improved back shift, 900miles on a 860 and still on original belt.

Going to run a clutch kit in my 2014 next season. Might stick clutch in in gf 2014 and stick the team conversion in the other if I haven't sold it.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It would be interesting to see some results and direct comparisons between a sled with the team and stock. I did this conversion in 2008 with a Team dual angle and actually lost 3-5 mph track speed vs my 2 buddies with identical stock 2008 summit 154's. I tried for a season and worked with mountain magic and a few different helix's, springs in both primary and secondary and could not come close to the QRS. Maybe the XM will be different but don't be surprised if your throwing alot of money away just to have a removable secondary (which is nice). I know this is not the first thread where I have mentioned throwing money away but I spent thousands in 2008 trying to make that XP work better and came to the conclusion that stock clutching on a doo is pretty good. The QRS will backshift real well (you can feel it acting like a jake brake) on downhills......Its for this reason that the doodoctor built the floating QRS and jackshaft and why Dynamo Joe sells kits for the QRS and TRA for Summits.

Just sayin'

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whose splined shaft does doo doctor use? I would imagine the one I have would work.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Whose splined shaft does doo doctor use? I would imagine the one I have would work.

I'm not sure but I would think it would and then you just send him your QRS and have him install the female splines....then you could do a direct comparison.
I wish Doo would have this set up as standard equipment on all their sleds.....

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I would think it would and then you just send him your QRS and have him install the female splines....then you could do a direct comparison.
I wish Doo would have this set up as standard equipment on all their sleds.....

Yeah no doubt. Well in that case I have a splined shaft for sale, $150 lol

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a Tied on the DooDr shaft on my 12 163 last year. I went back and forth from the QRS and Tied using a helix/spring combo that allowed using the same primary setup. I like the Tied for its consistency and durability. I was able to squeeze a little more climbing track speeds out of the Tied but no major performance increases in other areas and about the same temps as a properly setup QRS ( not stock helix). Also have to ditch the new clutch cover for the old and the TIED is over 2 lbs heavier. Good clutch, but whether it worth the cost and effort of changing to a splined shaft and buying a clutch is up to the buyers wallet.
The DooDr jackshaft is much higher quality than any other I have seen. Harder spline material and closer tolerances for a better "float", bigger bearing and no need to change a bunch of other parts like the Doo kit.

Demon700

Reaction score
I have 600 to 700 miles on my 154 Xm with a Tied conversion and I say it is worth it. I talked to Jason at Team and he helped out with initial setup. I noticed a better backshift/upshift and as well as a quicker acceleration out of the sled. With the QRS when I was at WOT and would let go and then hit it again the sled would pull constantly but such a slower upshift. With the team you hit the throttle and it hits max rpm and pulls hard. I treeride mostly and it works ALOT better for on and off the throttle. As well my rpm is way more consistent, doesnt float around a bit like the QRS did. I have the sled setup to run 8000rpm and it just goes like hell at that rpm. I ride between 600ft to 9000ft in the mountains and around 2000ft to 2400ft around home. Another nice thing is when descending a slope once you hear the belt/engine start to whine a bit, just flip the throttle and it backshifts so hard that it can pull you over the bars and slows right down, better then the regualr team clutch as well. IMO the QRS is a dumb idea, save weight and parts but you have to pull the jackshaft to change a helix.

I run a straight 59 degree helix high and low elevation. 15.2gram per pin 6000ft to 900ft on clicker 3. 17.6gram low elevation on clicker 3. 160/380 primary high and low and black white secondary spring high and low elevation.

Team said I should see a track speed increase of 3-5mph. From my last trip I thought I saw somewhere around 59mph, swear I might have saw 61mph one time as well with my 19/49 gears and my 154 inch track and 79-80pmh flatland low elevation.

Belt gaurd just cut it like Iron Dog posted a while back. Dont use the older style as it still lets snow in (I found anyway).

Top Bottom