TCSC-MINISTIK North was groomed Dec 21, 2013

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

Just a note to let everyone know that We groomed the North Section of Ministik on December 21, 2013

Tons of powder snow - Watch for rocks along the shore line’s

There is still some water on top of the lake ice but under the snow that is not freezing - stay of the lakes

There is a groomed trail to follow around all he north lakes

Hope to groom the South trails over the Christmas break

Ride Safe - Stay off the Lakes - Have a Merry Christmas

Tri-County Trail Crew

SLEDS ONLY ---- NO QUADS - Side by Sides - BIKES - or any other machines but sleds

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the law that quads can't ride there cause the sign says off highway vehicles.

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
These trails are groomed, cared for and maintained by the snowmobile community.

If the land is private and its use is granted to snowmobile use then Quadders and other OHV users could be breaching provincial trespassing laws.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
....but I'm sure Ministic Man might be able to explain it a little but more.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quads need to stay off the snowmobile trails!!!! The snowmobile club spends countless hours and money maintaining these trails and we dont need them rutted up by Quads and side by sides.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the law that quads can't ride there cause the sign says off highway vehicles.

The sign was made back in 1996 when AOHVA (Alberta Off Hi-ways Vehicles association sat on the board of Ministik)

After 1 year the AOHVA pulled out of MINISTIK - so now there is no representation for quads/ATVs in Ministik - therefore they are not allowed in.....

The ASA Alberta Snowmobile Association does still sit on the Board of Ministik representing snowmobiles - Which are ALLOWED in Ministik -
Tri-County Snowmobile club is the Trail Stewarts for Ministik and we maintain all the SNOWMOBILE Trails at a huge cost
The Bombardier BR180 Groomer - $120,000.00
Yearly trail clearing costs - $4,000.00
Grooming Costs - $5,000.00
Volunteer hours per year - 1500 man hours
Volunteers drive 10,000 km per season to & from Ministik to maintain this snowmobile trails

SO NO QUADS on these snowmobile trails

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
Ministik Man, did you see the Strathcona County Trail Strategy that I posted in the other thread?

I thought it might be quite helpful in your on-going endeavors to open up sledding in Strathcona.

Top Bottom