TCSC-MINISTIK North & South Groomed Completely - Jan 3, 2014

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

We groomed the Ministik Snowmobile Trail System in North & South completely - Both directions- from tree line to tree line

The trails are PERFECT probably 6" to 10" base with 2" new snow

The North trail has been groomed 3 times now and is flat as a pancake

The South has had 1 complete grooming

STATS So far since Dec22/13:
- 520 ltrs ($650.00) of Diesel in 2 weeks
----(Around 12 ltrs per hour on a set up trail -- 16 ltrs per hour making a trail)
- 43 hours X 2 Volunteers in groomer at night = 96 man hours.
---- Each loop takes 10-12 hours = 1/4 the trail system
- Preseason set up / groomer delivery / Operations testing = additional 100 man hours

Weather permitting will groom again around January 15, 2014 = about 200 ltrs and 48 man hours

NO QUAD - SIDE by SIDES or other vehicles on the SNOWMOBILE SYSTEM-- PERIOD -- NO EXCEPTIONS

Last edited:

never2late

Reaction score
Thanks much. I am new to sledding and after purchasing the ASA membership went on a dry run to a staging area at end of 504A Township Road last week. It had snowed overnight and I could not see any trails. I assume only regulars would know where to go. Is a map available for members of Tri County Club? Looks like a fun area for Nubes.

Last edited:

mjkl

Reaction score
Thanks much. I am new to sledding and after purchasing the ASA membership went on a dry run to a staging area at end of 504A Township Road last week. It had snowed overnight and I could not see any trails. I assume only regulars would know where to go. Is a map available for members of Tri County Club? Looks like a fun area for Nubes. John
I'm new to Edmonton and was going to check out the trails there Saturday. I have joined the club and have a map if you want to head out on Saturday.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks much. I am new to sledding and after purchasing the ASA membership went on a dry run to a staging area at end of 504A Township Road last week. It had snowed overnight and I could not see any trails. I assume only regulars would know where to go. Is a map available for members of Tri County Club? Looks like a fun area for Nubes. John

Check our website for a map at

Do not miss the SANTAs Toy Ride -- Sunday January 12 - check this link https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/tcsc-santas-toy-ride-sunday-jan-87381.html

Snowmahn

Reaction score
Just went for a ride out at Ministik today.
Great Weather!
However, the wind storm we had yesterday has downed a lot of trees. If you are planning on going out there, make sure you pack a saw, a lot of trails are blocked by big downed trees.
The trails arn't too bad, but there are a lot of mogul, and the trails are getting pretty rough in spots.

It was a short ride (due to trails being blocked), but a good time, with great weather. Guess its back to work for another week!!!!

Happy sledding!!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went for a ride out at Ministik today.
Great Weather!
However, the wind storm we had yesterday has downed a lot of trees. If you are planning on going out there, make sure you pack a saw, a lot of trails are blocked by big downed trees.
The trails arn't too bad, but there are a lot of mogul, and the trails are getting pretty rough in spots.

It was a short ride (due to trails being blocked), but a good time, with great weather. Guess its back to work for another week!!!!

Happy sledding!!

sorry to to here that your ride was cut short due to downed trees
thanks for posting this, so we can line up some trail maintenance guys to go out and clear up these trees before the weekend

we know the trails are getting soft and causing moguls to build but at these warm temperatures we can not groom any trails
it has to at lease -10--15 degrees to freeze over night

thanks

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Warm weather, long cold spells, high winds, blown down trees, people still not buying trail passes, people still without plates and insurance what else can happen?? Just asking

Top Bottom