tarps for storage

jessie

Reaction score
Hey just wondering what people are using tarping there sleds I have a 2010 renegade with a 137 track its going in a barn but there is cats so want to tarp it

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a regular snowmobile tarp on it and then a regular tarp over top to keep cats and bird crap off of it make sure to make it mouse proof block off the air intakes and carbs an d the exhaust pipe with steel wool or something and put mothballs or Irish spring soap savings around the sled to keep the mice away

jessie

Reaction score
Yeah lots of cats to keep mice away but cats could be a problem thanks maybe just go to princess auto buy a tarp and one over top and plug holes thanks do you use fuel stabilizer in yours thanks

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always use stabilizer. Run the motor till you can feel the tunnel cooler getting warm after you pour it in to make sure it gets to the carb. I also siphon most of the gas out and put it in my lawn mower. Some guys like to start their sleds once a month or so just so things don't dry out too much. If it's an e-start pull the battery and put it on a trickle charger. Also don't pull the tarp down too tight because if condensation builds up it can cause corrosion and mold. If it's under cover and rain isn't an issue old sheets work great. Most snowmobile covers don't breath.

Top Bottom