Taller Riders

jaredvh

Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 Summit 154 and was just wondering what all you tall guys/girls have done to your sleds to make them more comfortable to ride? Right now the only thing I have is a 6" handle bar riser with freeride bars and had planned on maybe jumping up to a 8 or 10inch. I'm 6'5" and I dont think the 6" riser is going to cut it. Thanks!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and find that with a flat bar a 7" rise is a good height for riding but I want about 9-10" for comfortable standing on the trail rides in/out.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and rode my XP with stock bars and 10" riser. I think a 9" would have been better but I never tried one out.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'5 and I ride with a 10 riser flat bars but I would like a couple more inches, it will make the cover a PITA to put on thought, so I will stick with the 10

jaredvh

Reaction score
I bought some 10" risers off Kijiji and was going to try it with my current bars. But now I'm leaning towards trying to find an 8" and running that instead. 10" rise with my bars might be a little ridiculous.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 8 , stacked with with a 4 on top.

Pulled the bars back so there inline with the stem , but up high still.

If I c3 forward mod mine I will take the 4 inch one out

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

jaredvh

Reaction score
I have a 8 , stacked with with a 4 on top.

Pulled the bars back so there inline with the stem , but up high still.

If I c3 forward mod mine I will take the 4 inch one out

I assume that means you're running straight handle bars. What did you have to do as far as cables and brake line, etc? Thanks!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume that means you're running straight handle bars. What did you have to do as far as cables and brake line, etc? Thanks!

Ya I have the stock straight x bars...

Both lines are maxed out ( had to run the brake cable a bit different by the carbs ect to get extra.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what the stock one is on a 08 summit x?

if it's a 8" I will trade you for that 6"?
G/F says the bars are to tall for her

jaredvh

Reaction score

I picked up the 10" riser this weekend, got home and realized I have tapered bars (oops).. So its not going to work with my handlebars. If anybody needs one its yours for $40.

As for the stock riser I'm pretty sure its the 10" with the straight bars so youre probably looking for a 8" riser as well. But I could be wrong!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

First time she has complained about something being too big hey? :D

I have a few risers kicking around. If I see something in a 6" I will let you know.

sent from a top secret location

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up the 10" riser this weekend, got home and realized I have tapered bars (oops).. So its not going to work with my handlebars. If anybody needs one its yours for $40.

As for the stock riser I'm pretty sure its the 10" with the straight bars so youre probably looking for a 8" riser as well. But I could be wrong!

Could you get adapters? I know you can get the for a dirt bike. It then that would make it another inch or so higher

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

jaredvh

Reaction score
Could you get adapters? I know you can get the for a dirt bike. It then that would make it another inch or so higher

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

I think can get adapters yep. However just from my mock fit up the 10" rise is almost too tall already. It would be great for standing up but as soon as I sit down it's like a set of ape hangers. I suppose I could always throw a set of adapters on top of the 6" risers and see what its like with the extra inch.

I was on Ski-Doo's website and they have some pretty snazzy adjustable risers. Does anybody have any experience with these?

rylester331

Reaction score
Met guys , so what RSI bar can I put on my stick xp riser ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudpro9

Reaction score
I'm 6'5" on my 2010 I used 8" risers with freeride bars pretty staring in line with the post. It was great for me.

Jordo22

Reaction score
Just put the Ski Doo adjustable one on my 09. It was a $100 but man is it nice. They make a shorter one and a longer one. The longer one goes up to 10" and I had no cable length problems at all. NEW - Ski-Doo »

Top Bottom