Taking Oil injection off 2000 700 summit

Sleddingdad

Reaction score
I am thinking of pulling off the oil injection and resevoir off of my 2000 700 summit. What has to be blocked off or plugged off? Any suggestions

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did that to my 04 rev , had to loop the line at the fuel pump , 3rd season , very happy

Sleddingdad

Reaction score
question is why. problems with injection system ot do you just like mixin' fuel

A guy at work had problems with his, he pulled one apart and his cable was just about gone, so he pulled the injection systems out of both of his summits. Heard this a couple times. It seems to be eating more oil than my wife's powder special 600 efi. I have 4000km on it. It is running fine though.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet your oil pump arm is sticking open. Put a small return spring on it to bring it back to the proper operation. I had to do this to mine.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check the timing mark alignment on the arm and make sure that they are lined up when you are looking at the return spring.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cleaned it up huge , 04 was known for using lots of oil , would stop and and would gag on the smoke , plugs always had a heavy coating on them , since I started mixing use much less oil and crisper all through the power

Sleddingdad

Reaction score
cleaned it up huge , 04 was known for using lots of oil , would stop and and would gag on the smoke , plugs always had a heavy coating on them , since I started mixing use much less oil and crisper all through the power

Good to know. Thanks.

Top Bottom