T3 Skis

Limbo

Reaction score
So after last years road riding to the snow line I am thinking about replacing the skis on my 174 T3. I haven't had much experience with any aftermarket offerings but am considering a change due to the cost of DS3 replacements being nearly the same as aftermarket. What feedback is out there specific to skis on the the T3 sleds, pros and cons would be awesome.

Thanks, Dave

Demon700

Reaction score
I run powder Pros on my T3 163. Real aggressive ski for deep snow, I have tried other brands on other peoples sleds and the powder pro floats and grabs the deep stuff real well. Cons are a bit heavier, maybe too aggressive for most people especially in heavier snow. The Pros are they are alot stronger, to me they give the front end a smoother feel as well could be how they get through the snow, can adjust the ski back and forth a small bit for a more/less aggressive. I still prefer the powder pros overall, but I like a real aggressive ski. Rode a sled with the Polaris grippers and they work real well on the XM, better then the DS3 or DS2.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slydog work well in deep snow. They do change the feel of sled on hardpack trails however.

Limbo

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I have tried some Powderhounds in the past but I didn't care for the amount of flex the front of the ski had. I will probably go with the grippers if I can track down a good set.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When down at Bret's last winter they told me they destroyed 11 T-3 spindles due to the new T-3 skis having such an aggressive keel and catching rocks. Do yourselves a favour and get non-carbide skags if you keep these stock ski's.

Top Bottom