t3 rear relocate brackets???

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was finally able to take my sled for a short rip today and it is pretty light in the front end, was wondering if anyone makes rear scissor relocate brackets for the rear arm mount that moves it back on the rail ?? I know source makes them for the xp but I think the windows in the t3 rails are different and they wont fit.

Limbo

Reaction score
Unless the T3 rails are different than the standard XM Tmotion rails you shouldn't need any brackets. If you search XM scissor relocate there are a ton of threads with pictures

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also are the T3 rear scissor mounting points not moved back further already?
Top and bottom !
Just the 174 or both?

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now ken I didn't think I graduated to fatboy springs just yet!!.... limbo the t3 rails have windows all over so that is a no go. on a more serious note it wasn't horrible, just a lot more than I expected, for sure gains can be made with adjustments in the rear skid but I expected it not to transfer as much as it does....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now ken I didn't think I graduated to fatboy springs just yet!!.... limbo the t3 rails have windows all over so that is a no go. on a more serious note it wasn't horrible, just a lot more than I expected, for sure gains can be made with adjustments in the rear skid but I expected it not to transfer as much as it does....
Haha! No harm no foul. 503191287 and 289 touring 2 up springs. We sell lots of them. The T3's hook like a banshee and transfer big. A must to have IMO.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha! No harm no foul. 503191287 and 289 touring 2 up springs. We sell lots of them. The T3's hook like a banshee and transfer big. A must to have IMO.

That's the part number for hd springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#503191287 I am going to guess and the other is for two up sled ?
503191289 = two up
Close! Lol. The part numbers are the same as above but one is a LH and one is a RH. These springs originally came from a 2 up model.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ^^ one of the t3s ive been on was HEAVY in the front end so it is forsure all in the suspension setup
Rode my t3 174 for first time last weekend. Mine was really heavy in front end. Any ideas on what to do? Rear springs are set at 3

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 174's seem good with the factory springs but I bought a 163 T3 and was getting crazy ski lift the first day out. I weigh about 210lbs. Was riding with two 174's and they were running all shocks and springs on lowest preload and softest setting, climbing like mountain goats. I was on #3 front preload and rear suspension springs on #4 with my 163. I could not climb the same hill they were, not even close. It was a steep long climb with no run in just sidehill a turn at the bottom and try to use the old tracks for traction the first 20 feet. Lots of traction but it would just tractor over backwards and when you let out of the throttle I lost all momentum. The next two days I tried a bit different setup and was having way better results but still more transfer than I could handle at some points. I tightened up the front limiter strap one hole and lowered the rear suspension front shock preload to only about 1/6 th of the threads, rear springs to #3, and front shocks to #1 preload. I bought the fat boy springs with my accessories but guys I talked to said that I wouldn't need them but they are all on the 174's. I'm going to try the stiffer rear torsions next time out and set them on #1 with everything else the same. In all fairness snow had a fairly solid base for my first 3 days out and I may not see the same transfer when the pow finally gets deep and fluffy.

Top Bottom