T3 Heat Exchanger Leak 0 KM

_LB_

Reaction score
Just thought I'd pass on to have evryone check out their heat exchanger on the new T3's. I got mine home noticed a few drips on the ground figured maybe they got a little greedy on the storeage oil in the factory. Took the cover off yesterday to find this huge puddle on the track, heat exchanger is leaking under the tunnel and has gotten worse. Sled has 0 km on it hasnt been rode anywhere yet. Dealers been great and taking care of the fix but just wanted to give you all a heads up it appears its a poor weld on one of the fittings.

Attachments

• Track.jpg
    Track.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 519
  • Exchanger.jpg
    Exchanger.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 519

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Maybe the dealer sent something thru it when they did the PDI? I would hope that the PDI included putting a mile on or so running the engine up, setting the track tension, etc...

_LB_

Reaction score
I dont think it was during PDI, the weld honestly feels as though it wasnt done properly, the one on the right in the pic is smoother and beaded well all the way around the leaky one feels like the bead was not solid to begin with it has a raised area at the bottom of the pipe like the weld was not as high quality, like sideways said it was probably a firday or monday sled is all

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aluminum can be tricky to weld, so many factors come into play! That looks like a bad spot to fix when the sled it put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think it was during PDI, the weld honestly feels as though it wasnt done properly, the one on the right in the pic is smoother and beaded well all the way around the leaky one feels like the bead was not solid to begin with it has a raised area at the bottom of the pipe like the weld was not as high quality, like sideways said it was probably a firday or monday sled is all
Wouldn't say its a Friday or Monday sled

But bet they get to coolers built somewhere else and they fawked up

_LB_

Reaction score
Just got a PM from Driller sounds like his new 0 km T3 has a leak on the same side of the cooler assembly. Sounds like mine is going to be out of commission for sometime while my dealer waits to see how BRP wants to go forward with it. Hoping to ride my new sled sometime in Jan if I'm lucky

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a PM from Driller sounds like his new 0 km T3 has a leak on the same side of the cooler assembly. Sounds like mine is going to be out of commission for sometime while my dealer waits to see how BRP wants to go forward with it. Hoping to ride my new sled sometime in Jan if I'm lucky

Man if it was me, I'd just pay someone to weld it and be riding tomorrow... In any case good luck:beer:

_LB_

Reaction score
Trust me that crossed my mind, my dealer got me a loaner for the trip coming up but still not the same. My dealer doesnt want to weld it as they want to ensure that there was nothing else that was not up to standard during the build. And personally I dont wanna weld it have something else blow up and BRP then say tough luck you took a sled out that wasnt fixed back to our "standards". At any rate Revy tomorrow on a loaner BRAAP

driller

Reaction score
haven't been to dealer yet
found leak on the 24th

Last edited:

driller

Reaction score
after taking a good look at this design and how thin it is and where the fittings are located in the tunnel and the fact that the tubes are not supported and exposed to being rubbed or hit i am pretty sure i am not the only one that is going to have this problem

Top Bottom