T-Motion upgrade

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the track is a big part of it.

I will disagree to a point...

The t-motion functions by reducing the amount of rider input required to initiate laying the sled over. This works well in the power and on the hard pack.

The flex track doesn't require the flex to lay over in powder as it is accomplished through counter stearing and the sled laying on its edge.

I feel it is %70 t-motion, %20 track when it comes to the xm's ability to be easier to lay over. %10 is the spindle position which many people forget about.

Once people start putting the t-motion on the XP without the flex tracks it will be easier to determine though.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will disagree to a point...

The t-motion functions by reducing the amount of rider input required to initiate laying the sled over. This works well in the power and on the hard pack.

The flex track doesn't require the flex to lay over in powder as it is accomplished through counter stearing and the sled laying on its edge.

I feel it is p t-motion, track when it comes to the xm's ability to be easier to lay over.  is the spindle position which many people forget about.

Once people start putting the t-motion on the XP without the flex tracks it will be easier to determine though.
You have studied this quite closely...i would like to try a sled with a 3" track put on a Xm...and compare with mine .I think the track will play a significant roll in the whole set up otherwise why bother with the cost of a whole new track.I could be wrong though.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have studied this quite closely...i would like to try a sled with a 3" track put on a Xm...and compare with mine .I think the track will play a significant roll in the whole set up otherwise why bother with the cost of a whole new track.I could be wrong though.

I'm banking on Bounce being right. 3" is sitting on the shop floor waiting for the XM to arrive:perfect10:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only issue with a 3" is its ability to or lack of ability to spin. The track hooks up a lot.

When in an off camber situation part of the sleds ability to get it on edge easier is to spin the track. You may find in these situations a 3" might not get on edge as well as a track with less lug.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So old post. What is the verdict? I am planning to do a t motion in my freeride. Doing the research now. What about the track breaking tool? Does it solve the track issue?

motorheadracing

Reaction score
So old post. What is the verdict? I am planning to do a t motion in my freeride. Doing the research now. What about the track breaking tool? Does it solve the track issue?

Did the motion upgrade on my old sled. It was a 12xp without the track. It was a cheap upgrade and worth every penny. Keep in mind that it will never be an xm because most of the changes are in the front end geometry. But it's a close second. The track dosnt do much unless you are on hard pack.. And even then it's minimal.
$400 is a fair price to pay for a good upgrade

Sent from my shoe phone

Top Bottom