symptoms of a bad o2 sensor

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Anyone know what the symptoms of a bad O2 sensor might be--Id hate to buy a new one to find out that's not the prob---2010 m8 HCR and I heard there might be a cheaper replacement than buying through arctic cat---Many thanks

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rough idle,poor throttle response,engine codes and so on. Does the check engine light flash?? I will have delete kits in stock in the next week or two which are way cheaper than a new sensor and help the over all performance of the machine.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Rough idle,poor throttle response,engine codes and so on. Does the check engine light flash?? I will have delete kits in stock in the next week or two which are way cheaper than a new sensor and help the over all performance of the machine.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

When I am at idle and go to give it gas sometimes it bogs,but only then. No codes, no light flash--My buddy says its o2 sensor but i'm not sure--I dont know what a delete kit is??--Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I am at idle and go to give it gas sometimes it bogs,but only then. No codes, no light flash--My buddy says its o2 sensor but i'm not sure--I dont know what a delete kit is??--Thanks

I'm guessing the delete kit "deletes" the o2 sensor..... :D

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O2 sensor?????? :confused:

If it's the stock one on the pipe it's just a temperature sensor. Should flash a code if it's gone. 7 flashes I think.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sensor is actually an egt for initial start up. It controls timing.If it fails yes it should throw a code on the dash. However when it fails it can actually affect the timing in all rpm ranges. The delete kit gets rid of the sensor all together,there for the timing is not affected and the ecu can operate normally.

Deano

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is true that it is a temp sensor. it will run rich thru the entire rpm range if it is toast. On the '09 they were terrible. On the '10 and '11 haven't seen hardly any issues. I didn't replace a single one on our '11 rental sleds last winter and they have over 2000miles on them each. The only issue i found with the '10 & '11 was a wire would sometimes get pulled out of the connector and if you follow the wires from the sensor down towards the rewind you find the plug right by the main wiring harness. From the symptoms that you are describing i doubt that it is your sensor, i'd be way more suspicious of the reeds. Had a set break on one of our '11's. Same thing it'll run really poor at idle and off idle but not to bad once opened up.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the sled hard to start???? Would be another symptom of bad reeds. And are the power valves functioning properly??? Thanks GG:d

Deano

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
No,not hard to start ( well, when it was -30c it was) I pit in a theather switch and am wondering if that has something to do with it. the hand and thumb warmers sometimes work (been that way since i got it) so mabey its electical??

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a cat tether? The warmer issue is fairly commen. It is probably the switch on the bars causeing the warmer issue. If it was the tehther causeing the issue it should do it thru-out the rpm range. Like deano suggested i'd check the exhaust valves for being clean and also if they're adjusted properly. I would definitely check the reeds, they changed the design of them in 2010 and if they were chipped at the edges it could easily be causing your issue.

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Cat theather switch--Will be cleaning the power valves soon--will be looking at the reeds on your advice

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

i know a O2 sensor and a temp sensor are different, so do you have any sort of delete for the temp sensor for a skidoo '07 sdi ho 600??? i've been going through a few, and at $250 each, it is getting expensive!

Top Bottom